Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 ford explorer sport with a 4.0v6 5spd 4wheel drive many new parts and just about mint condition, picked it up for $1200...killer sound system too...2 12" polk subs with a sony deck and some polk speakers and an 800watt sont 4channel amp...its not bad at all pounds good...heres a few pics of my ride

Duct tape the only real solution

[red]Moved to General by Polaris-Man[/red]

·
Registered
892 Posts
We just got rid of our Minivan for a 2002 GMC Yukon, it will be nice for our large group trips. No problem pulling the four place.

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes.gif

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have a '01 Explorer Sport Trac for hauling 1 sled at a time down to my place to work on it. (with a Skidoo sticker in the rear window :) of course!) I bought a 4 x 8 tilting utility trailer this summer from Price Club that I adapted for a 1 bed sled trailer. Works great!

My parter drives a 3/4 ton diesel GMC crew cab to pull the 4-bed trailer for long trips. (with a Skidoo sticker in the rear window :) of course!)

Jacqui

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just picked up my new Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L 5spd auto w/OD +Class III hitch.
Should haul all the toy no problem.

·
Registered
277 Posts
99 Chevy Silverado extended cab 1/2 ton Z71. Its got the 5.3 thats reprogramed with a K&N intake and throttle body spacer. Way more power than my old 93 Silverado. Fuel mileage? Who cares about fuel mileage when you own a truck. It for pulling anything you want in comfort!! Now wheres my gas card?

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
A 1991 Dodge Caravan with 3.0L V6 that has 280,000 Kms on it.
New tranny at 265, she runs and pulls my flat deck 2 up great, accept up icy hills. My mechanic says it's the zippiest Caravan he's ever driven.
Will be investing in a full second set of 4 winter rims and studded winter grips to go on them.
This van does the job here in the prairies, but if I were mountain bound she would never cut it.
When Dad and I go we take his '98 Z-71 EXT-cab.

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
2000 nissan pathfinder LE V6 4x4

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
89 Posts
'02 Durango 4.7L

I must say this new 4.7L is a great engine. Dodge has a great setup for power and torque on the new Durango's. Even though I would much rather have the new "HEMI" V-8 that they will offer next year.

The Full Time 4-Wheel drive works great as well.

Hopefully it holds up better than the P-O-S '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee it replaced.

·
Registered
243 Posts
02 GMC 2500 with the 6.0 Liter. Power to spare.

Anybody been around a sky-hi snowmobile deck? I saw a used one for sale and was wondering if they are decent. I hate trailers in the mountains - hard on your sleds.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Mine is an '84 Chevy Blazer sitting on 33"s with an extremely worn Chevy 350 and 4 speed. However for big trips there is the old man's ride being a 2002 Ford F250 gas 5.4L extended cab long bed. Of course I leveled a telephone pole with that so its in the shop till the end of the month :( damn rain...

·
Registered
671 Posts
My sled hauler is a 76 chevy scotsdale 4x4, 350 v8 with eldbrock carb, manifold, and cam. Is getting rebuilt, and is gettin a race kit and the tranny. Chrome rims and straight pipes. It also gotta system too. Shes pretty nice.

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I picked up a 99 Lincoln Navigator this summer. I haven't pulled the sleds with it yet but it works great for hauling the boat. It's got full time AWD with 4WD high and a 4WD low manual selector. It also has 17" wheels, 4 wheel load leveling suspension and a great Alpine sterio with a 6 disk CD changer.
Needless to say it's a much better tow vehicle than my 93 Aerostar.
I can't wait for the white stuff to start flying!!!!

2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather
MBRP Silencer
Coupling Kit
Goodwin Clutch Kit

Creek beds don't make good brakes!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
xlt u should take some pics of ur truck to let us see it sounds prettty sweet

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Hey RtkatZL8,
In your bio you wrote, "been riding cats on and off for 25 years"
That sounds like fun.....how do you do that???

Hey I know that's bad....but it's Friday, just try'n to Phunny up the Phorum.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I just wanted to post again so that I'll have one more than snochic.
Nahh nahh na bo bo, snochic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts