Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture of it:
201043021141243_27886.jpg

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
That doesn't look like an mbrp can to me, but I could be wrong. Almost looks like a custom made can.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
might be homemade, jaws or JT? not an MBRP

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Looks like no sled silencer I've ever seen. I would say it's custom built from a ATV or MX muffler.

·
Registered
567 Posts
most companies stamp their name on there products so im gonna have to say home made or custom

·
Registered
863 Posts
it may be a cherry bomb ?

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
plus those welds look pretty rusty and not very good. usually if you buy something rxpensive like a "name brand" can, it shouldn't rust.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Thats probably heat acting on the welds, it will make even the best welds not look as nice.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think someone fabbed it up out of an ATV silencer.

98_polaris_indy_500 said:
plus those welds look pretty rusty and not very good. usually if you buy something rxpensive like a "name brand" can, it shouldn't rust.
Bullsh** they dont rust! My MXZx 700 had a dynoport can on that rusted so bad I had to get rid of it! But these are some of the best welds I've ever seen done ( except for the specialty fab guy over in Bridgton )

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
if those a welds from a wire welder the guy may have not turned on his tank on maybe? the welds should hold. unless the guy used flux core wire. It may be an stick weld but now a days most people like the wire welder because it is a lot easier to use/learn than an stick
welder

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
if those a welds from a wire welder the guy may have not turned on his tank on maybe? the welds should hold. unless the guy used flux core wire. It may be an stick weld but now a days most people like the wire welder because it is a lot easier to use/learn than an stick
welder
They arent bad welds at all. I also personally think that stick welding is easier than wire welding, and you can use a car battery with a stick to weld [:D]

·
Registered
669 Posts
Definetley not an MBRP, my friend has a race can on his rev and it doesn't look like that. Your's looks homemade to me.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
looks like a couple cans ive seen on ebay,,

·
Registered
845 Posts
Haha, that's why I asked you on Dootalk who told you it was an MBRP race can. It does look like it was made pretty well. But not worth the coin you thought.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts