·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use on a regular basis?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I have both full face and my sno-X style. I also have a hybrid ( Sno-X style shell and visor, but you can remove the visor and put the lens that came with it on)

I just got an SPX-N that I'm anxious to use. Feels and looks like a great helmet.

All my helmets get a quick release before I use them and the sno-x helmets get the quick strap. Huge improvements IMO.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I use full face for the touring sled, and MX style for playing, racing.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I wear a Shift Agent MX Helmet ( will be getting a different helmet this year ) with 509 Films Sinister goggles. I must say, I really like that combination. Just that is warm until about 0 degrees, then I have to wear a balaclava ( which was only $4 from the dealer down the road ). I'm not sure what material it is but its super stretchy and extremely thin.

·
Registered
453 Posts
This year at the Milwaukee snow show, I found the Bombardier Gen II modular for $245 new. I had to jump on that! If I did more screwing around than touring, I'd ride with an MX style helmet. I was always afraid to make the change to MX because we ride in such cold temps(-38* the coldest so far, but average somewhere around -10*/-5*)!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
TrailRebel said:
This year at the Milwaukee snow show, I found the Bombardier Gen II modular for $245 new. I had to jump on that! If I did more screwing around than touring, I'd ride with an MX style helmet. I was always afraid to make the change to MX because we ride in such cold temps(-38* the coldest so far, but average somewhere around -10*/-5*)!
If it is any consolation, I have 6 friends who have the Ski-doo modulars and they all love them and had them for over 5 years at least. One of them had some minor problems with the face mask, but was able to get new parts.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I've been running a MX helmet with goggles, breath box, and a balaclava for years now. My current helmet is a Fox V2 Hart & Huntington...old/spare helmet is a HJC CL-X4 Vapor. I've ridden anywhere from 50*f to -30*f with no problems.

·
Registered
848 Posts
'08 Polaris Dragon Matte w/ 509 Sinisters, cheap balaclava. No complaints.

·
Registered
453 Posts
TRICKPaint said:
TrailRebel said:
If it is any consolation, I have 6 friends who have the Ski-doo modulars and they all love them and had them for over 5 years at least. One of them had some minor problems with the face mask, but was able to get new parts.
That is very comforting to hear. My riding partner has the original version of the ski-doo modular, very few problems! Three years ago, however, he got frostbite on his neck!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I wear a hjc mx style, with spy targa2 goggles pretty good setup i have.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wear a Klim F4 helmet with 509 Sinister goggles & a $7 Gearz balaclava. Coldest I've used it so far is -15*C, and have not a hint of a complaint!

·
Registered
123 Posts
jesse500 said:
i love the helmet and goggles but now i got glasses so i switched to the full face flip helmet[;)] but i think i am getting contacts so i can go back to my old helmet[thumb]

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
TRICKPaint said:
I have both full face and my sno-X style. I also have a hybrid ( Sno-X style shell and visor, but you can remove the visor and put the lens that came with it on)

I just got an SPX-N that I'm anxious to use. Feels and looks like a great helmet.

All my helmets get a quick release before I use them and the sno-x helmets get the quick strap. Huge improvements IMO.
Your gonna love that helmet! I got one this Year and have been able to use it in the snow. Really comfortable and looks beasty!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Fusion600 said:
jesse500 said:
i love the helmet and goggles but now i got glasses so i switched to the full face flip helmet[;)] but i think i am getting contacts so i can go back to my old helmet[thumb]
All you need is a set of OTG ( Over-The-Glasses ) goggles.

·
Registered
695 Posts
jesse500 said:
I wear a Klim F4 helmet with 509 Sinister goggles & a $7 Gearz balaclava. Coldest I've used it so far is -15*C, and have not a hint of a complaint!
I just bought that helmet and I'm curious if you have any complaints about it or suggestions i should do to it before winter. I have 89 xi goggles and wear a really think shampa balaclava. last year I wore the same goggles and balaclava with a g-max 49x helmet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts