Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK , The new guy is at it again, I am going to need a new track for my 90 prowler real soon and I need some advice on what track would be best. I live in central illinois so we don't get a lot of deep snow, I will probably make a few trips up north to ride though. The other thing is as with everybody I want speed. This is my first sled so thanks in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
id get at least an inch......

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
an inch might be pushing it...with my 91 polaris you can't go much taller than 7/8 because of clearance issues. .875 is fine for me in SE wi, except on the real icy stuff (I spin the track a lot and it's more wear and tear on the taller lugs) When I go into the ditches I rarely have problems with not finding enough traction.

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
ya.......what hotrod said........as tall as u can go

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Don't necessarily go with a really tall lug.

You say you don't ride in a lot deep snow. Large lugs on harder surfaces wear out a lot quicker than a short lug. Also larger lugs will tend to slow you down because there is more sticking into the ground.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm with P-man and ProX! I'ld stay between 3/4 and 1" and you can probably get a 2nd hand one in great shape for cheap.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts