Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what are the worst things to do to your sled and put on them to be considered a ricer. i was thinking underglow engine neons, some headlight covers and decals. no flaming in this tapic please.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I would say a rider that has ALL kinds of decals plastered all over their sled such as Amsoil, RedBull, FOX, RydeFX, Parts Unimited, Sportech, Woody's, etc...As if they were endorsed by these companies...

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Originally posted by Sleds-650
[br]I would say a rider that has ALL kinds of decals plastered all over their sled such as Amsoil, RedBull, FOX, RydeFX, Parts Unimited, Sportech, Woody's, etc...As if they were endorsed by these companies...
Except if they are on my sled then they look good. Just kidding when I took off my decals Im not going to wreck it with P.L.P decals.

Also they are not considered riced out but the people are refered to as Parking Lot Posers (PLP). People who spend more time showing off thier sled and making it pretty than they do riding or doing useful mods are undoublty fall in this category.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
[br]I would say a rider that has ALL kinds of decals plastered all over their sled such as Amsoil, RedBull, FOX, RydeFX, Parts Unimited, Sportech, Woody's, etc...As if they were endorsed by these companies...
you forgot the essential slednecks and fox stickers too

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Originally posted by 04Prox2
[br]
you forgot the essential slednecks and fox stickers too
well i have all these stickers on my sled... and its a stock race sled.. and I prefer it that way. I could of course do mods. But i like it how it is and want to save the money.. does this make my sled a "ricer" which is obviously a bad thing.
No some people prefer things that way.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Well like they say if it don't go chrome it!!!!!

All show and no go is what I love to laugh at!!!

Never heard the P.L.P before thats great, I know a few of them.

DW

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
Originally posted by SleD_CrEW
[br] And Ape Hangers ! LOL
I'll take functionality over personal opinion damn near any day.

I guess I don't really perceive too much in the sledding world to be classified as "Ricer." Most things available are quite functional in the real world, even most cosmetic items (though not all). If anything, I'd say the use of large amounts of stickers on a sled that has none of the stickered items would classify as "Ricerish."

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
weekk i have woods stickers.. and woods studs.. v-force stickers.. and v-force reeds. I have scott stickers. And scott goggles. I have A TON of arctic cat stickers. obviously the sled is an arctic cat.

and a few other stickers like slednecks.. or whatever

therefore i wont classify my sled as a ricer. And it does have power to thankss.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]
Originally posted by SleD_CrEW
[br] And Ape Hangers ! LOL
I'll take functionality over personal opinion damn near any day.
exactly.

Ricer isn't the word, its poser. Those are the sleds that are all stickered up with some spode riding it. Thats the guy that thinks he hardcore because he "got like 2 feet of air" over that snow drift. Or the guy who goes 15mph through the woods then thinks he knows how to ride because when he gets out on a lake he'll go 120. Whhoooooooo, great skills there.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would say when people put decals on there sled and they don't even have the parts from that brand. Like if they don't have FOX shocks they put a FOX sticker on it anyways.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Originally posted by Sno-X-treme
[Ricer isn't the word, its poser.
Agreed, although everyone knows that a Slednecks sticker adds AT least 10 hp.

arcticcatinc-Did Woodys give you free studs or at least a discount? If not then why put the sticker on your sled and give them free advertising?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
because he wants to, dosnt matter if they gave him a discount its his sled and if he feels like promoting there product good for him he really really likes there product.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I always thought the big, all-aluminum idler wheels looked kind of "ricer-ish" They kind of remind me of 18" wheels and 35 series tires on a Honda Civic.

But function over form.

·
Registered
855 Posts
you mean my fox sticker worth (5HP), my custome ram air hood, my NOS sitcker (thats worth 30HP) and my super ultra light weight 300 chisel studded track (LOL) that makes my sled so fast it will blow ya'll outta the water, oh my shaved pull start handel and shaved windsheld cant forget about the super carbon skis those are a must. So....................GOT RICE

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i think ricer sleds are like cars, they make it as loud as possible on a slow sled. then when i line up with em they eat my snow dust with my 500, just like when i waste civics and such with my firebird formula f1

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I dont think putting stickers on is bad if your using that product! but then again you can actully buy sleds all stickered up but have none of the products on the sled!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts