Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run NGK br9es in my sled right now, i was wondering if the NGK iridium plugs are better to keep carbon off my pistons or heads.
What plugs can i use that will fire right dead center of the piton equaly?
a plug that has 4 tips at the bottom like the car plugs Bosch platnum 4+

·
Registered
777 Posts
http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/attachments/MVC%2D373S%2EJPG

Here is ideal looking pistons,new plugs wont do what your after,jet down some,if your trying to get all the carbon off.your going the wrong way

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
new plugs very rarely will change how your engine runs. The only time a different style plug is helpful is if your running WAY too rich, and fouling them often. Then one of the $5/plug anti-fouls will help. But cheaper in the end to just properly jet your sled.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have my sled jetted right, im running slp pipes in there right now with 280 jets, i followed the sheets from their site and everything,the only thing was that usualy a plug will burn a little more on one side of the piston than an other because of the way the bottom of the plug is desinged, i dont have much carbon on my pistons, just a little brown/blackish, normal stuff. I just want to find a plug with a balanced pattern at the end where it fires.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
oh. it won't make much difference. Indexing your plugs is worth another like .5% HP, in other words, if you fart while riding you will probably get more of a boost than from indexing your plugs.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by ripperd2
[br]oh. it won't make much difference. Indexing your plugs is worth another like .5% HP, in other words, if you fart while riding you will probably get more of a boost than from indexing your plugs.
[lol]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just wanted to get everything tuned right cause im trying to get all the power possible out of my sled this year, i want to get 115 mph in 1/4 mile, any tips with clutching would be great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts