Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 96 ZRT 600, I'm going to buy pipes for it but I want to first hear what others thought worked best. I either want to buy a set of Black Magic Pipes with an Intimidator Series Silencer, or else D&D pipes and silencer. What do you think. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 96 600 ZRT to and to buy some other pipes over factory ones is a waste of money. They claim more HP and Less weight (sales pitch) but you would gain more by installing Hiperfax and making sure all other components (carbs, clutch, track adjustement etc) are right on.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I have been looking around at pipes for my TCat and I think that I would go with either the D&D or Jaws set up. Everyone I know that has used the D&D pipes has liked them. Jaws makes a real nice set for my TCat that make some reasonable gains over the entire powerband. Hope to add a set this summer.
Not a lot of experience with Black Magic but a couple of guy had problems with them which has made me look elsewhere (just my opinion)

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I have a 1996 ZRT 600, and I ride with a couple of guy's that also have the same sleds, they all have the same D&D pipes, the gains are prety good, I think I am going to put the same ones on mine. The police would have a lot of noise tickets to give out if they stoped us.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Do the police give out noice tickets in your area? They only give them out in my area to ATV's.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i have a 95 zr 580 and im looking for pipes for it. let me know what you find out for your zert as my zr is in need of some help in the exaust dept. just be sure you clutch your sled to match the sled otherwise all that HP down the drain. my sled is already clutched with a black magic heart throb clutch kit. so now i need the pipe to compliment the clutching

1 - 6 of 6 Posts