Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

I am in need of rebuilding my primary clutch on my 95' super sport 440 fan. I THOUGHT i had a P-85 primary until I did some research under rebuild kits and this is what it states

"Polaris Snowmobile Clutch Rebuild Kits"

Primary (Drive) Clutch Rebuild Kit

•Each kit includes enough parts to rebuild your Polaris P85 or P90 primary (drive) clutch
•P85 clutch comes on most Polaris snowmobiles except: All Indy Lite, All Indy Sport, 92-96 Super Sport

•Roller width: Narrow .350" - Wide .540"

I believe I have the .350 width....but what primary do I have?

Thanks,

Chris

· Registered
2,738 Posts
I had a 1995 Supersport and I know for a fact that it uses a narrower belt, just like Indy Lites and Indy 340s and Indy Sports (1997-1998 Supersports upgraded to a 488 fan and no longer used the narrow belt). 1993 and earlier Indy lites use an even smaller clutch, diameter-wise, not sure about belt width.

This smaller diameter clutch is the P-90.

· Registered
469 Posts
yeah prolly a p-90. polaris only offered a p-85 and p-90! just an fyi the rebuild kit your lookin at is prolly about $250+ correct!? check ebay and craigslist for new/ take off or like new clutches they go for less than $150 all day! i was gunna buy the epi rebuild kit for my p85 primary but found a primary from a race team on ebay that had 1 run on it, was balanced and came with 7 sets of weights and about 10 springs and I paid $200 shipped!! try looking for a new, used re-build, or take off clutch. saves time and $$$, alota people take the standard clutches off and swap them for elec. start clutches that have the ring gear on them!

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So can I pick up a p85 clutch from say ebay or someone...change out the weights/cams etc to what I have and be good to go?

danoxcr600 said:
yeah prolly a p-90. polaris only offered a p-85 and p-90! just an fyi the rebuild kit your lookin at is prolly about $250+ correct!? check ebay and craigslist for new/ take off or like new clutches they go for less than $150 all day! i was gunna buy the epi rebuild kit for my p85 primary but found a primary from a race team on ebay that had 1 run on it, was balanced and came with 7 sets of weights and about 10 springs and I paid $200 shipped!! try looking for a new, used re-build, or take off clutch. saves time and $$$, alota people take the standard clutches off and swap them for elec. start clutches that have the ring gear on them!

· Registered
2,738 Posts
correct. make sure it is from the Fuji monoblock triple or twin motor. Liberty motor P-85's have different taper, and P-85's from the triple-triple motors are more heavy duty with the wide rollers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.