Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the belt and the engine started great. One of the Cams was jamed causing the clutch to be stuck closed. I taped the cam down started it up again and the clutch worked fine. I then put the belt back on and started it again the clutch opened and closed fine but the track would not turn. This snowmobile has reverse and it will not go in reverse either. please any ideas on what to try next will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Same problem with my friends rxl. We ruled out everything so somethings gotta be stuck up there. Were dropping the suspension tomorrow. We think when he put it away something froze to the track while sitting there and is now stuck. We will see.

·
Registered
35 Posts
something similar happened to my buddys XLT last week turned out the brake froze on lol

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Did you check the chaincase, the drive shaft, is the pin for the secondary on the shaft itself so when the clutch turns its turning the shaft? Can you move the track by hand if the rear of the sled is off the ground? See if the slides didnt melt to the track...had that happen to a buddy of mine in the UP on his new Apex. Dealer had the track to tight, after riding for a while we stopped and the slides melted right to the clips on the track. He would have smoked the belt off before that track would move, broke it loose and loosened the track and we were good to go. Just my 2cents

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
UPSANDAWAY said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Is the track now frozen to the skid?
No, we pulled it back to the house and the [highlight=yellow]track turned[/highlight=yellow] but I [highlight=yellow]can not get the driven clutch to turn. [/highlight=yellow]
How can that be possible (track turns and clutch don't) unless the chain broke and is hung up tight on the top gear? I'd say go straight to the chain case. If the brake is froze up the track will not turn or at least it shouldn't.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
^^^^^ I agree. The track can not turn if the driven clutch is stuck, unless the chain has been removed somehow from the bottom gear. I would be pulling your chain case apart to see what it looks like in there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the advice I will tear apart the chain case, see what is going on in there and get back to you all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts