Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 200 for my sled what should i buy my sled is a 1996 ski doo formula 3. I HAVE ALL READY PUT A GRAND INTO SLED THIS SUMMER

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I didn't understand a thing you wrote.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
What area needs attention the most?

Perhaps you could do some handlebar improvements, as I know those F3's had very low handlebars. Just a thought...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea that would be cool because my back starts to hurt when i first rode it so i just stood up. My back should not hurt at 17 i would think. How high would you raise it up?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
3 inches or get a can

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I'm going to guess a can will run you over $200.

Dynoports are about $250. MBRP is probably about the same. Aside from those, I don't know too many people that make cans for that sled anymore.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that is not bad i think i will get one do you know a web site that i can order off of? Also do i have to rejet the carbs then??

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally posted by indy500efi
[br]that is not bad i think i will get one do you know a web site that i can order off of? Also do i have to rejet the carbs then??
save your money man. put it in a high interest bank account or something. don't waste it on a noise maker.

what have you done to your sled so far?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just had the motor rebuilt upgraded the front and back supsion to a 98 got plastic skies, studded the track, and put a complast 1 lug track on her and want to extent to track from 121 to 136 next spring

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Definitally work on the bars, I put a 4 inch riser & pivot block on my 99 formula z and it made a world of difference! Leverage and stand up is so much better now!
[attachment=51944]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
it was just a suggestion

·
Registered
276 Posts
Risers make all the diffrence in the world. Just make sure your stuff will be long enough or you can get extensions for it. A friend of mine has a reverse cable hooked the bars and can't get them extended, i think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts