Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2002 xc 800 sp, wanting to do some stuff to it, top speed and accleration, what do u guys think.[attachment=49825]

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would look into V-Force 3 reeds, pipe, maybe a clutch kit also. Those are just a few diffrent ideas that will get you started.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think it really depends on what your willing to do, Ive seen an 800 XCR engine dropped into an 800 XC SP more than once, Its actually sopose to be a very simple swap out, but its kinda taking things to a whole new extreme. Your should porbable start with a clutch kit, reeds and studs.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Start with the studs they will make the most noticable improvment in acceeration!!! Then the clutch,gears, V-Force reeds, Pipe & can,Bullseyes, after that maybe mill the heads if ur looking for alittle more! Dont forget to jet the carbs properly for your set up! Other than that ur lookin at alot of cash!!porting,big bore kits ect. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont know much about jetting, I want to put pipes on what should I do double or single, how do I go about jetting

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Go with the single pipe if you trail ride alot! Most twins are better suited for racing applications!! As for jetting it is probably safe to drop your main jets a size or two to it will lean out the sled alittle for better combustion! And its practically free if you do it yourself!!! Also you may need to change the jets back up with the new pipe! Is the sled studded?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Sure The dealer will do it. Or any sled shop!! Its really not hard you can probably do it your self. ON my sled it takes like ten minutes!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Thats cool just take it in then!! Do the clutching b4 the pipe you wil notice it more! But the pipe will sound sweet!!!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by Achotrod
[br] Do the clutching b4 the pipe you wil notice it more! But the pipe will sound sweet!!!
If you plan on pipeing it, the jetting and clutching should
be done at the same time. The pipe will make power at a different RPM than stock.
Pipe manufacturer should be able to give recommendations
as to clutching and jetting.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Sorry i agree!!!! But pipes are expensive, clutch parts and jets arent and easy to change? But ur right they will need to b changed after the pipe is in! By the way my pipe didnt require any jetting changes they just said to use 4 bullseyes but i changed them anyways!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i would go on the polaris forum of this site or other polaris forums and get some clutch set ups that have worked for other people or get a clutch kit. maybe stud it.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
First off since its a 800 i would check into titnum power valves because i knwo some 800's had problems with valves and then a toughboy crank kit because the 800's also had problem with the valves then i would stud and clutch!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts