Snowmobile Fanatics banner

What size Trck should I get?

759 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  proxJ 
#1 ·
I've got an 01 Polaris 600 xcsp and the stock track is pretty much shredded... I ride mostly trails and ditch bang with some deeper powder riding occasionally. I don't want studs, nor do I need to have the fastest top end machine (nor the slowest) but love the accelerration out of the hole, corner to corner riding, and surfing through the powder. What I should get? What will fit? I think it needs a 121" length and 1"? 1.25"? 1.5"? 1.75"? Ripsaw? Camoplast? Predator? Other? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
I have an 121x15x1.25" Predator with 96 Woodys Gold Diggers on my 2001 Edge X 600. It works great for every kind of riding, but I do suggest getting the Ripsaw in the 1.25" lug. It really isnt necessary to have a 1.5" because when you do trail ride you will probably have cooling issues, not to mention the rougher ride and the fact that you will most likely need to notch it for the coolers. All in all either the Predator or Ripsaw with the 1.25" would get my vote.

#4 ·
From what I have seen on here and heard other places I think 1.25" is the way to go... I hear good things a bout Ripsaws and Predators... also seems like a lot of people have camoplast... I will probably see what I can get a deal on eBay with... The larger the lug I assume the more traction, better out of the hole and in the deep stuff, less top speed, and bupier ride on hardpack... What kind of cooling issues come up with 1.5" and bigger?

#5 ·
Well for the EDGE chassis' i've heard that with the larger lug you get it, theres less snow getting thrown up on the coolers, some way or another. And I know with my sled that I can't let it idle very long with out the temp. light flashing me, they just tend to run hot I guess, and I heard that from two different polaris dealers also. Plus the larger the lug the further away your hi-fax (slides) are away from the snow which means they don't get the lubrication to keep themselves cool, that they properly need.

#7 ·
definately what edgex600rider is saying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.