Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to get a new ski. something with floating characteristics for better off trail riding, but also one thats good on trail and not gonna kill my wallet either.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
good look at finding a good flotation ski that wont break your wallet.

slp powder pros
simmons
slydog powderhounds
but all over $300

·
Registered
963 Posts
i would say powder pro's but they are expensive. someone did a test compared to c&a and his stock skis on his arctic cat. he tested ice, powder, and hard pack trail. overall the powder pro's were best in powder and good on the trail. i can't find the link but i will post it if i do.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ya gen 2 simmons are sick but if you do 50/50 then maybe first gen 1 they mite be cheaper

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Originally posted by luvsnowncold
[br]I was going to say C&A XT's but then I saw you wanted it for "floation" so I would go with simmons generation 2 , that new generation is about 10 inches wide!
I think the 8 inchers are the way to go. have heard that the 10 inchers seem to track a bit more on the trails. and the 8 inchers are pretty heavy cant imagine what the 10's are.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Powder Pro's are by far our best seller and I would say the most saught after ski out there whether it be the mountains or SnoX. But, the Slydog ski is making it's mark and I really think they are going to be a big deal.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Go with the powder pro's thats what our whole group is running now!!! They are a great ski that is well built and has great features, kind of like all SLP products!!!

DW

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I have a newer set of skiis on my sled...don't know what they are though because I didn't put them on, all I can say is that they're like 6 in wide atleast and apparently float awsome. I'll find out what they are and post it by this weekend (hopefully). Isn't it harder to carve with wider skiis?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
How wide are the regular Simmons skis? I have been looking at them for the past couple of months, them or the first generation Pol Sidehillers.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I put a set of c&a's on my pro x and got to ride it aroound the yard up north. I really like how it felt on slow speeds. It turned reall well on unfrozen ground also.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Originally posted by Student Driver
[br]Before you go 10" wide skis,
You might want to make sure that your sleds will fit on the trailer with them on.
They are just bound to get in the way if you run with a standard 2 place trailer.
I wonder about that myself. My xc'S with the stock plastic barely fit on the trailer. Wouldnt be a big deal if it wasnt for the cap on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.