Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting into vintage sleds and was wondering what to look for?? What brands? models? something that wont break the bank. I just picked up a mint 1972 Arctic Cat panther but looking to restore some more.
Any advise would help

·
Registered
393 Posts
triplepower said:
I am getting into vintage sleds and was wondering what to look for?? What brands? models? something that wont break the bank. I just picked up a mint 1972 Arctic Cat panther but looking to restore some more.
Any advise would help
Its all comes down to personal preference.Everyone is different.Some models are more sought after than others for various reasons though.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I alsways thought the old polaris ones were nea looking, theres one down the road i can get for 200- a 79.
I think all the older sleds are neat- sweet looks, cool storage spots, indestructable engines.

·
Registered
453 Posts
http://www.vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com/BROCHURES.html

That's a good place to start. About any old sled ever made is listed there. Race sleds are highly sought after, I-500 machines can be collectible, odd balls, certain years, etc. The world is so big it's hard to list just a few desirable machines. Like Rainman said, it's really personal preference. My uncle collects Cats and a friend of mine collects OMCs. I just like the cheap ones![thumb]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts