Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put some money down on this sled. It was listed as a 2002 700 XC SP. I'm not that familiar with Polaris snowmobiles. I'm hoping that I can get some input here.

I put money down on it. The sled looked and ran really clean. But, I'm baffled by what it really is. I haven't seen any other pictures of this sled on the net.

The pictures suck, but I can describe some of the sled here.

It has a blue belly pan. Blue and black Edge X seat. The rear suspension has blue boogie wheels with yellow arms. The front trailing arms are silver in color. The graphics package on it don't match anything else I've seen. It has black skis.

I'm not too worried about purchasing this sled, as it looked super clean and started right up. And, I've read these 700's go for a lot of miles. There are currently 3,700 miles on it now.

Take a look at the pix and someone give me some insight please?

Here are the pix of previously described sled.

2010930125110937_33836.jpg
2010930125111406_33836.jpg

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
2002 Edge X with aftermarket graphics and either painted front suspension components or front suspension components from a newer edge

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Looks to be a 2002 edge X that may have had front end damage.looks to be differnt hood from a classic and differnt trailing arms.I would look it over real good to make sure the bulkhead hasnt been tweaked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy I'm buying it from said he bought it that way. I am leaning towards what you guys are saying. What stumps me even more is the floor board brace is not yellow like on the Edge X's. Where those yellow too? I mean, it's really a frankensled. The guy said, "he hasn't any issues with it." And, "bought it that way" But, he also said he has always been a polaris fan. Another thing this guy said, which I question is that hood were all primared red. There are some stone chips in it, and it's red underneath. Which really makes me think that this sled has peices from everything......

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Run....away...there are a ton of sleds out there. Why is he selling it if its a good sled? It looks to be a conglomeration(sp?) of a few sleds....which can go two ways. Someone was after a color scheme/look or it was crunched and repaired. Just my .02 .

·
Registered
634 Posts
^X2^ Id run far away

·
Registered
564 Posts
The front end looks a little wide for that year, I would say the front end has been changed, and like everyone else said it was either updated or smashed up once before. By front end I mean the trailing arms. Id be a little weary myself.

·
Registered
453 Posts
could just be the angle of the pictures guys..but it does look pieced together like he took two broken sleds and made them into one ridable sled

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
looks like he too the front of a classic and the back of a edge x and put them together. idk but i saw a guy at st. croix state park who had a classic and was slowly making it an edge x. mabey thats the sled...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys! The sled is in Michigan. I like the sled, but I'm not comfortable with buying something that has been peiced together. If it has been pieced together at least be honest about it. He said he bought it that way. The other thing is, if I want to upgrade in a couple years, I might have a hard time selling this one. Or keeping it for my 13 year old......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts