Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Im a Polaris man, and for 2500 you can find a nice RMK 700 or 600 in a 136 track, that length will do a lot in a multitude of different applications. Or even a SKS of same engine size. Ohhh and welcome to the site. If i werent riding Polarises id probally be a Skidoo or go back to vintage Scorpions. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
We need to know what kind of riding you do to recommend the correct sled. In that price range though, I would say get something with a Polaris 600 VES twin. They are Bulletproof, fast, and well within your price range.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
You can buy a lot of good sleds for $2500. I bought my '04 in March for $2500 and it only has 1650 miles on it and has been very well maintaned. You just have to look around and you can find some really nice deals on sleds.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
That's a loaded question!!.

There are a lot of really nice sled's of all brand's,size's, and age's available for that kind of $$$.
You need to decide what type of riding you're going to be doing, then find something that you think will do it for you.

I personally tend to buy older sled's at a much lower price range, then sink the cash into making the sled the way I want it.
Polaris, Arctic Cat, Ski Doo, and Yamaha all have sled's that you can work with for varying purpose's.
I own 3 Cat's because I'm most comfortable working on them.

All brand's have good sled's. (Refer to paragraph one.)

Rick

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
If you're going for offtrail, then I would suggest either the RMK or a Mountain Cat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts