Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if anyone could get a brand new sled this year what would it be? Me, i would love to have that new f-7 firecat. Man what a looker.[^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^]

·
Registered
312 Posts
well it depends what you want it for ,,,,,,what kind of ridding do you usually do ,,,,,,,Fcats are awsome on a track with bumps and ditches ,, i didn't think they had good top end cause i whooped a couple with my t-cat , but mind you they only have 150hp to my 170 but weight about 150lbs less ,, maybe a little less ,, but around that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I equate getting a brand new sled with getting a brand new car - I would never do it. Why buy something that will lose half its value in the first year of ownership?

Get one that is a year or two old, with low miles - after someone else has taken the financial hit from buying it new.

·
Registered
762 Posts
i have a 2000 z snopro, and it is a great sled. its got lots of power, its light, and its good for anything. but most people want a bigger engine than a 440, so something like f-5 or f-7 would be nice, the new polaris pro-x 600 seems like a good all around sled. i advise that if you buy a racing sled fer trail, buy some hand guards like tucker hibberts got on his snopro.

·
Registered
49 Posts
One word. REVOLUTION

Man I test drove a MXZ Rex 800 last spring. I couldn't get over it. You don't know what bumps are, the new positions gives you a whole new feeling of control and comfort. And it goes like stink. It's a torqy machine with balls to spare. Right now Bombardier has two special edition out for the winter. REV Summit 800 H.O. 10 % power increase awesome for the mountain rider, and the Blair Morgan Rev. Wicked for the trail rider & ditch banger. Unless Ski-doo comes out with a really good four stroke over the next couple of years the rev will be my next family member. Renegade's rock to0. If you like the best of both worlds it's the machine for you. I have an 02 Renegade 800RER. It kicks ass on the trails, race tack, and mountains. I'm installing AAEN Pipes & Vforce 3 reeds on it now to make it really bite on the race track. Good luck, it's a hard decision, big investment, but always fun!

·
Registered
49 Posts
MXZ Rex 800 is wicked but MXZ REV 800 is better. The Rex model isn't so great, excuse the typo's

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Heh, heh......no problem man, I knew what you meant. [:D] Anyways if I was to buy a new sled right now, it would PROBABLY be a REV 800 with the X package. Be interested though in what the manufacturors come out with this year. Viper with A-arms, Polaris with the same........things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.......

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by Dewyjuice
[br]MXZ Rex 800 is wicked but MXZ REV 800 is better. The Rex model isn't so great, excuse the typo's
The REB is great too...but you gotta plug your nose while riding it......lol

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Unless Ski-doo comes out with a really good four stroke over the next couple of years the rev will be my next family member.... next year ski-doo is comin out with a legend 4-stroke with a v-1000 engine in it. Thats basically a harley engine in a sled. Its supposed to have a top speed of like 130 mph or somthin

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it would be hard to buy a new sled. I'd wait til the next year and buy a used one. If i got a used one i'd like to have a t-cat.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
There is a certain feeling you get when you buy brand new. First of all you get the warranty, you also get the "it's mine, nobody else has had the chance to screw anything up on it" comfort of mind, and you have the newest thing on the snow, which everybody admires.

I bought my first brand new sled this year, and to tell the truth, I will never buy used again if I can avoid it. I will always buy brand new as long as I can afford it. I love knowing I'm the only owner, so I know exactly how it's been maintained and treated.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats a good point to make. I found a really good deal on a arctic cat but the guy screwed and screwd and screwd with it. Then he tried to lie when i asked him about it. Here a polaris pro-x 600 is $10499 canadien plus i'm just a kid so money has a hard time finding me. Or maybe its the other way around. I work in the summer though when i'm not in school.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Indy 700 SKS. Only because they don't make an 800. A bud of mine has an 01 800 XCSP that he just put a 136" x 1.5" track on. While he was at it he got a pipe, reeds, and heads. WOW! Point and shoot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Originally posted by 98mxzx440
[br]Unless Ski-doo comes out with a really good four stroke over the next couple of years the rev will be my next family member.... next year ski-doo is comin out with a legend 4-stroke with a v-1000 engine in it. Thats basically a harley engine in a sled. Its supposed to have a top speed of like 130 mph or somthin
Actually, that sled is out now. Nice machine but the legend doesn't fit my style, and the v-1000 doesn't have the balls I'm looking for. They can and will do better...130mph? don't think so. She might be good for 105-110 max. On the gun

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm going to play the waiting game to see what Polaris, A/C and Skidoo have to offer in the 4 stroke category over the next few years. If I had some money to burn and needed a new sled right now it would be a Pro X 600, although LaBarons is offering an "X" special (blue and yellow XC 600) custom graphics sled for a decent price. Really nice looking package!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
for trail riding i like the rev. i am tall but i sat on one man if they put the mach z engine in one i would buy one right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts