Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals. i sold my poor little mountain max and am now looking to upgrade to the non trailing arm sleds. i am pretty new when it comes to those ones so i am looking for some opinions and what to watch for with them. i am looking at all classes except the nytro (too heavy and too much money)

M7orM8

2004-2007 ski doo 800

and 2007-2009 polaris dragons or rmk 700&800

any info on them is great. i do most riding in the mountains
Thanks guys :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
leadfoot33 said:
hey guys and gals. i sold my poor little mountain max and am now looking to upgrade to the non trailing arm sleds. i am pretty new when it comes to those ones so i am looking for some opinions and what to watch for with them. i am looking at all classes except the nytro (too heavy and too much money)

M7orM8

2004-2007 ski doo 800

and 2007-2009 polaris dragons or rmk 700&800

any info on them is great. i do most riding in the mountains
Thanks guys :D
go with polaris my cousin has a 2009 dragon 800 nice ridding and fast as hell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
xcsp_rider said:
leadfoot33 said:
hey guys and gals. i sold my poor little mountain max and am now looking to upgrade to the non trailing arm sleds. i am pretty new when it comes to those ones so i am looking for some opinions and what to watch for with them. i am looking at all classes except the nytro (too heavy and too much money)

M7orM8

2004-2007 ski doo 800

and 2007-2009 polaris dragons or rmk 700&800

any info on them is great. i do most riding in the mountains
Thanks guys :D
go with polaris my cousin has a 2009 dragon 800 nice ridding and fast as hell
x2, but do the 800 have trouble still in thems years, i would recomemned the 700
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was leaning toward the 700 jsut it seems all the 800s have new motors. just finding one with decent kms and $ little harder :p keep the info coming. need to know wat to look for on these things :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
just ask lots of question, i dont know anything specific to check besides hyfax and wear bars, if you question something ask about, if it sounds like BS 60-40 shot it is

our 02 700 was such a steal we didnt mind the bruises on the side, and my 99 700 i purchased wrecked so not much to get upset about there, same with the two 600's both were so cheap that the bruises didnt affect us,

but i see your another one from canada, seem likes price are so outrageous up there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes they are. i found a decent 08 800 dragon with whole new motor ecu and voltage regulator for $6500 not sure if its 2800 miles or kms though but still not bad i dont think :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
cant go wrong with an m8 or a dragon 800 ride em if ya can in the steep and deep i like the way the ms handle over the iq chassis less darty in the powder
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,194 Posts
if you want a predictable handling sled, go with the dragon rmk. a newer m8 would be my second choice.

as far as 800 polaris motors go, all of them should be updated by now with new pistons. we ride with guys out west and thats all they ride, none of them have any issues along with em. the flat land 800's seemed more prone to being problematic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
All great choices. The summit 800 and renegade 800 ( PowerTeks ) are great on fuel, and are definitely not lacking in the power or reliability category.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
you ever consider a switchback?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
MN_SlEdnEck said:
you ever consider a switchback?
Ya, I'm pretty sure that would be way cheaper than one of those sleds. If you want to spend more money the 2011s look sick!! and they still got a 144" track. IMO any year of the switchbacks would be a great choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
skidoo600racer said:
MN_SlEdnEck said:
you ever consider a switchback?
Ya, I'm pretty sure that would be way cheaper than one of those sleds. If you want to spend more money the 2011s look sick!! and they still got a 144" track. IMO any year of the switchbacks would be a great choice.
i'm pretty sure the switch backs have trailing arms? maybe not though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
mxz440kid said:
skidoo600racer said:
MN_SlEdnEck said:
you ever consider a switchback?
Ya, I'm pretty sure that would be way cheaper than one of those sleds. If you want to spend more money the 2011s look sick!! and they still got a 144" track. IMO any year of the switchbacks would be a great choice.
i'm pretty sure the switch backs have trailing arms? maybe not though.
The 04-05s did. I don't know if they made a 2003 but that one would have trailing arms if they made one.


All the rest of them didn't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
xcsp_rider said:
leadfoot33 said:
hey guys and gals. i sold my poor little mountain max and am now looking to upgrade to the non trailing arm sleds. i am pretty new when it comes to those ones so i am looking for some opinions and what to watch for with them. i am looking at all classes except the nytro (too heavy and too much money)

M7orM8

2004-2007 ski doo 800

and 2007-2009 polaris dragons or rmk 700&800

any info on them is great. i do most riding in the mountains
Thanks guys :D
go with polaris my cousin has a 2009 dragon 800 nice ridding and fast as hell
x2, but do the 800 have trouble still in thems years, i would recomemned the 700
no new 800 libertys are bullet proof they were bad from 1900's to 2004 other wise they are fast as hell and indestructable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
I think the M chassis may be a good choice as well those motors a pretty good and have some good power as well. the chassis has been out since 05 so hopefully by now the quirks should mostly be worked out by now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so i made my decision i put my down payment on an 2006 M7 bright orange with 2100kms i was hard pressed between it and a dragon 800 i just didnt like the miles on the dragon. and the price was better on this one. :) going to get it on thursday or friday. will post pics shortly its bone stock so i will be looking at some mods. :)

20101211144323173_23389.jpg
20101211144324376_23389.jpg
20101211144325485_23389.jpg
20101211144326610_23389.jpg
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top