Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that the sled calls for the br9es and that is what's in it now, and runs fine.
just wondering if there is anything better to be running that i don't know about. also does anyone have any favorite brands? i just use ngk normally.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I started running BR9EYA in mine. They don't foul near as much as the ES.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet!
are there any downsides to them? why doesn't everyone run them then?

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Not any downsides that I am aware of. A local mechanic actually suggested them.

I'm not sure why more people don't use them. Perhaps they don't know or just follow what the manufacturer suggests.

*edit* - I guess technically there is a downside that I am aware of. They do cost a little more, but I think it's only a couple dollars difference for a box of 10.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
BR9EYA is what AC calls for.

As Blackcat said...they EYA's don't foul as much as the ES. However, there are no downsides to running the ES. Actually I ran mine exclusively on the ES for 2 years before switching over to the EYA's.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
i run 8's in mine

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
I run BR9ES.. I will check the manual when I get home.

I am on NGK's website right now and they say BR9EYA or the iridium IX plugs BR9EIX*

I am going to have to look into this, maybe I have been using the wrong plug for years. I could have swore that the owners manual stated BR9ES

Edit- I just called my dealer..

The EYA's are - 3.50 each
The Iridiums are - 8.00 each

I have been running the BR9ES for years with no problems at like 2 bucks each. But I think I am going to pick up some EYA's.

·
Registered
844 Posts
EYA is basically the same plug,(same heat range, same length, etc.) with a "V" notch in the electrode that makes them a lot less prone to foul. Most Auto Parts stores carry them, at around $2.50

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I also run BR9's

·
Registered
100 Posts
BR9EYA's that are supposed to be gapped at 0.028 on an inch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts