Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I HAVE A 89 OR 90 INDY 650 CHASSIS AND I DECIDED TO DROP IN MY INDY 500 MOTOR IN IT WITH DOING SOME CUSTOMIZATION TO MAKING IT FIT ( WILL POST A HOW TO IN A DIFF POST) WELL THIS IS A FAN COOLED INDY 500 MOTOR THAT WAS REBUILT. I DONT KNOW THE SPECS OF THE REBUILD BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF PLUG I SHOULD RUN IN THIS. I BELIEVE THE TRIPPLE CHASSIS ARE MORE HEAVY THAN THE INDY 500 CHASSIS SO IS THAT A FACTOR? I RUN BR9ES PLUGS IN ALL MY TRIPLES AND I HAD A SKIDOO I RAN THAT SAME PLUG IN BUT IS THERE A DIFFERENT PLUG I SHOULD RUN?

·
Registered
750 Posts
ngk

·
Registered
215 Posts
You could use the ngk BR9ES but if the engine makes a poping noise when trying to rev up try a BR8ES(note: the number in the plug code is the heat range smaller the number the hotter the range) Don't use to hot of a plug or you could blow a hole in your pistons, if you use to cool of a range the plugs will foul up, the poping noise would be fule exploding in the exaust pipe(don't worrey it won't blow up) best of luck to ya

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i use BR9ES on all my sleds to be on the safe side....i really like the NGK plugs they seem to be best for any of my snowmobiles.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
br9's or br8's would be fine. I had a 440 fan that ran 8's my 600 is supposed to run 9's but likes 8's better. a 8 is just a tad hotter then the 9. either way ngk is the way to go!!!

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
most all wedge chassis polaris weight about the same give or take a few lbs with no engine in there,unless you have reverse,but br9es should work fine imo.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah im runing a br9es right now they burn pretty good.... my 93 xlt likes to foul them out every hundred miles or so. but run good if i run her WOT here n there

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put BR8ES instead of BR9ES will that hurt the piston the cold weather the color looks good its not White

1 - 8 of 8 Posts