Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my skidoo's belt is vibrating so bad that i can't drive it. It is a brand new belt, and i don't want to break this one. I posted a message on here and i was told that if my tourqe stop is bad, it can cause this.
Now what are the odds that it is not there or broken???
Anything else????

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
not all sleds have them so you may just not have one. Have you checked your engine mounts like I suggested? If you have a torque stop it will be like umm a thing mounted to a solid place and prolly have a rubber end where it can hold onto the engine or frame to prevent vibration.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does either one of your pulleys wabble when they rotate? Or is their a bad bearing on the secondary pulley? With a vibration as bad as you are describing, you should problably check the whole sled over for worn out/bent parts. Their could be any combination of malfunctions that would destroy belts.

Edited by - firepinto on February 03 2002 8:00:08 PM

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I am really gonna push that you check those engine mounts. My buddy blew many belts cause of those mounts. Just a couple of weeks ago he lost a bolt in the one mount again and blew a belt. This time he knew what to check for. Sorry for pushing this so much but I heard no reply about my idea from you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i have not had the whole thing checked yet, i just bought it in the summer it had been sitting for a long time. I have noticed that the secondary clutch shatft can slide back and forth 1/3 inches, and the brake disc can acctually turn +- 1/3" before it stops the shaft. I can't figure out why it does this, but i thought the second clutch shaft was supposed to move...?????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sled dog,
i went out and checked the mounts and all the bolts seem to be visable, and the engine it secure(no wobble). So i wouldn't suspect them, thanks anyways.
One thing that i may suspect now is the secondary clutch shaft me be bent, i don't know how this would be, but it would definatly couse my vibration. i guess to check this i have to relase my chan and spin the shaft by hand.
any thing else? the more suggesrtion the better, i am stumped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.