Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People are dying left and right this season.

Look at the entire news section for this morning
[attachment=59116]

One guy tried going under a gate that was 40 inches off the ground at speed and hit his head.. dead

Another guy was drinking and going fast.. dead

Others just lost control and went into trees and stuff.

Be safe everyone! I don't wan't to read about any of you in the news section!

It seems like there are alot of people dying. We have lost maybe 10 in NYS alone already. Every other day there is something in the news saying dead.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
People drive like idiots that's why, they don't think before driving. They think that drinking and driving a sled doesn't have the same laws as a car.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
WTF people...slow down!!!![V] Go slow in unfamiliar areas or even in familiar areas the first time through a trail for the day. I instruct my daughters that when the ride the quads to go slow the first time through the trails to look for any changes which may have occurred since the last time they were through. Then, once you know it is safe....open it up baby!!!![:p] Don't be a part of the bad image that people already perceive of our sport. And more importantly....don't become a statistic!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I've talked to guys up in Ny last weekend and they all had the mentality that they are going to ride it hard when they have snow because it might not be there next weekend. So pepole are doing things they usually don't.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Lost a couple in ME last week too. One was a 24-yo from MA who arrived and immediately took his new sled WOT across a lake he'd never been to before, launched off the embankment on the end of the lake, flew into the trees 50-ft into the woods. His helmet came off. DOA.

Couple sleds hit head-on on a lake.

It's all about the speed.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br]It's all about the speed.
^^ Thats the culprit. I also have to agree with what RXL95 posted about not knowing how long the snow will be around. Gotta use what you have figuring it'll be gone soon. People gotta use their heads and slow the hell down.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I agree - slow down and drive sensibly!!! I want to be able to enjoy snowmobiling for a very long time!! [:)]

·
Registered
748 Posts
Originally posted by GotMud
[br]
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br]It's all about the speed.
^^ Thats the culprit. I also have to agree with what RXL95 posted about not knowing how long the snow will be around. Gotta use what you have figuring it'll be gone soon. People gotta use their heads and slow the hell down.
And keep using hand signals if you're around other riders for gawd sakes. [:D]

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
lack of snow+late start on the season+riders not able to scratch the itch+overenthusiasm during 1st ride out+high rate of speed+optional alcohol=

Death

Be careful out there[;)]

·
Registered
511 Posts
on the news over the weekend a guy in Wisconsin was killer when he hit a SEMI-TRUCK!!!! how in the hell do you hit a semi??? Not some young kid rippin down the road either, he was 61 years old!!! all I can say is these deaths are truly senseless!!!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
WTF is a semi doing out on the trails???

No, not funny....we had 4 deaths this weekend in the first snow up here in the Northeast. All they want is speed on narrow trails that they don't know... which also only has 5-6 inches of snow on a 3-4 inch hard packed base base, some of which is ice.

Some of these guys that are getting killed are just due to total carelessness. Famous last words, "Won't happen to me" "hiccup".
Originally posted by Backwoodsrider
[br]on the news over the weekend a guy in Wisconsin was killer when he hit a SEMI-TRUCK!!!! how in the hell do you hit a semi??? Not some young kid rippin down the road either, he was 61 years old!!! all I can say is these deaths are truly senseless!!!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i know these deaths are getting out of hand. people cannot wait for the trails to open, and have to ride on the road and i guess this is how the 61 year ols was killed. but please people slow down and ride safe. i thought there were alot of deaths when the 07 shelby were on the road but this is even more. just slow down and ride safe all.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
4 in New England over the weekend. Most of the time only the bad we do makes the news. One is too many. It also appears to always involve speed, night time driving and unknown terrain.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
[red]drinking and riding a motorized vehicle in most states is illegal. Since we don't allow discussion of illegal activities on the site your post has been EDITED.[/red]

·
Registered
128 Posts
^^^^^ That was the most stupid thing I have heard. Maybe it will take a dead passanger to figure out that driving drunk is fun? What are you 14?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I rode with some of my brothers friends last year and that was the last time I rode with them. They were so drunk two of them fell off there sleds and one more rolled there sled. they were all going over 65 MPH to. Its not even worth riding with them any more.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally posted by crdude
[br][red]drinking and riding a motorized vehicle in most states is illegal. Since we don't allow discussion of illegal activities on the site your post has been EDITED.[/red]
wow, a 17 year old kid talking about driving like an idiot, driving drunk like an idiot and not caring! just what snowmobiling needs. i guess you don't pay for your own insurance. oh wait, you're hardcore so you probably don't even have insurance.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
[br][red]EDITED[/red]
Stupid, lying, attention seeking kid. Nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Originally posted by 98srx700
[br]i know these deaths are getting out of hand. people cannot wait for the trails to open, and have to ride on the road and i guess this is how the 61 year ols was killed. but please people slow down and ride safe. i thought there were alot of deaths when the 07 shelby were on the road but this is even more. just slow down and ride safe all.
the 61 year old was crossing a road when hit by a semi. Could happen easily if there was some ice on it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
[br][red]drinking and riding a motorized vehicle in most states is illegal. Since we don't allow discussion of illegal activities on the site your post has been EDITED.[/red]
I think a lot of you have already commented on how ignorant this sort of thinking is. I have 3 kids that all ride with me, 20, 15 and 10. This is exactly why I won't let them go without me. You think you're invincible because you are young. If you kill yourself then you are lucky, but what many times happens is you kill or seriously injure someone else and have to live with it the rest of your life. SO THINK ABOUT THAT!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts