Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, dead center of my screen it has a thing that says "no signal" and some red, green and blue boxes below. What I don't get is how am I able to type at all, if my monitor isn't getting a signal? It's pretty annoying having that thing in your face. If it was a lose cable you'd think it'd be all or nothing right? I'm at a loss. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about....

Font Operating system Personal computer Rectangle Computer

· Registered
2,432 Posts
First off, I know nothing about computers. But I just had my mother board replaced because my monitor said no signal (but was black) and it wouldn't boot up other than in safe mode. Just throwing out an idea.

· Registered
9,987 Posts
Did you touch any of the monitor buttons? It may offer multiple inputs and be getting signal from one and not the other.

I would also, with everything powered down, disconnect the monitor cable at both ends and reconnect it, then reboot.. Could be the slightest bit of corrosion forming in a connection.

· Registered
67 Posts
also, if you have had your monitor unhooked lately, check the pins in the connector one may be bent, if bent, use needlenose plyers to strighten.
http://pinouts.ru/Video/VGA15_pinout.shtml
Also check the cable that goes from the monitor to your videocard (computer) for bulges, one of the wires inside the cable may have gone bad. Seen this before too.

· Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Did you touch any of the monitor buttons? It may offer multiple inputs and be getting signal from one and not the other.

I would also, with everything powered down, disconnect the monitor cable at both ends and reconnect it, then reboot.. Could be the slightest bit of corrosion forming in a connection.
Thanks man (and everyone else too), I did the reboot and it worked. Dang that was annoying with that in my face. I still have no idea why it did that but oh well, who cares now right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.