Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IDK if i posted this b4,but im sure i didnt.Ive done this a dozen times and 3 times this week.
So save the pieces,because with saw, a drill and bit, and either a round file or roundstone bit you can use the hyfax pieces for torsion bar blocks in the trailing arm[thumb]. I made 2 for a customers Indy 500 classic and one for my sons SuperSport. I believe theres 2 on my old 98 XCR440 that Wmarshy has now. Ill try to snap a pic and post it tomo,but its easy to make.Cut it like 2in or whatever the stock length was and see if it slides into the trailing arm,if not then grind to fit snug but also to move freely then drill the hole slightly larger than the bar,then bevel the edges,and then install. Its prob more stronger than the factory ones imo[:D]

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
got a picture of what you did

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tomo ill post

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That's a great idea - I'll have to remember that next time I need to cut new sliders to fit the rails. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also it better than waiting for new ones from dealer,and usually have enuff left over to make a bunch from a 121.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
pics yet?

·
Registered
197 Posts
They also work great for trailer track grips and protect the plywood from getting chewed up by your picks and Ive heard of people putting them on the bottom of they're portable shanties for easier pulling. But the torsion bar mount is a great idea
THX

·
Registered
702 Posts
xc600rmk said:
IDK if i posted this b4,but im sure i didnt.Ive done this a dozen times and 3 times this week.
So save the pieces,because with saw, a drill and bit, and either a round file or roundstone bit you can use the hyfax pieces for torsion bar blocks in the trailing arm[thumb]. I made 2 for a customers Indy 500 classic and one for my sons SuperSport. I believe theres 2 on my old 98 XCR440 that Wmarshy has now. Ill try to snap a pic and post it tomo,but its easy to make.Cut it like 2in or whatever the stock length was and see if it slides into the trailing arm,if not then grind to fit snug but also to move freely then drill the hole slightly larger than the bar,then bevel the edges,and then install. Its prob more stronger than the factory ones imo[:D]
I will have to take a look tonight when I get home... Thanks for the pic BTW [thumb]

·
Registered
526 Posts
I put them on the bottom of my hold downs for my trailer so I can get a snug hold on the newer skinner ski's, like simmons

·
Registered
108 Posts
wheres the pictures?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
good pics but i want to see pictures of the original idea.

·
Registered
702 Posts
He's a busy man, he'll get to it... [thumb]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts