Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out what I should do with my snowmobile. I would like to get a sticker made up, or find someone in my area to airbrush this, or something. I think it would turn out good. Here is what it looks like now.

/snofan/../images/users/erick/stickersledbefore.jpg

Here is what I would like it to look like.

/snofan/../images/users/erick/stickersledafter.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/erick/stickersledafter_close.jpg

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh heh heh...it was your idea and you got me started now bobby! You can still use this idea if you want. Lol!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by TriumphoverU
[br]that would look even better if it were going onto a CLEAN sled....[;)]
No doubt!!!![:D] Either way, sticker or paint it would look real good....thinkin sticker might be a tad cheaper though..[;)]

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
sweet, I love the 2nd updated verison the one u would like to put it on.. thats awesome!! much better than the one u already got on the hood... thats a 99 XC 700 right?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
First thing I'd do is take off the warning stickers on top of the hood. Well thats the second thing I'd do, after washing it!

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Erick's custom built XC 700

I don't think it has the XC-10 front suspension like the normal Gen II XC's did.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Meh, that's what the snow is for! I knew you guys would give me crap. lol, i was going to dust before I took pictures.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hey erick, i've gotta know, where did you find Plastic Polaris ski's for only $5.00?????

·
Registered
637 Posts
[br]Hey erick, i've gotta know, where did you find Plastic Polaris ski's for only $5.00?????
I was thinkin' that exact same thing..!? Can you do my shopping too..?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
that would look sweet, so would some goast flames!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[br]Hey erick, i've gotta know, where did you find Plastic Polaris ski's for only $5.00?????
That's $5 per ski. Err...just gotta find the right places and the right time to buy things. [;)]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Chief...
What we found is that if you go with the vinyl letters/graphics, you can have them custom made pretty reasonably. What I would have them do would be to make the background first, then keep adding layers ie- white letters with a colored background then apply them to your hood yourself. Otherwise, what we did was to bring in the entire hood, so they would get the precise dimensions, and for a nominal fee (we just did it ourselves) they would even apply them for you. Also, get a spray bottle with about a 2% solution of windex very little per bottle the rest water, soak the sticker and the sled, then apply. It is super easy to get it where you want, and it allows you to get those little air bubbles out without having to cut the sticker, and in a couple days, it dries. Hope this helps!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts