Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
december 17 i bought a brand new left over cat. The thing has done nothing but give me trouble. some of the issues have been resolved. The biggest problem is that it randomly dies for no apparent reason. I was in the U.P. for four days this week and got towed in 3 nights and didn't ride the fourth. when it dies there is no spark to the engine. By morning it runs fine again. 3 dealers have looked at it and can't figure it out. What do i do??? I have contacted cat multiple times....called again this morning and i am waiting to for a call back from them yet.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Keep calling them! GL

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Does the cluster have full lights and guages? I ride with a guy, has a T660. Some wires that run through the steering column were shorting out and causing a no spark condition. Worth a shot?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I would throw it in the back of the truck and drop it at the dealer where you bought it,the fact that its a leftover doesnt change the fact its a new sled with a warranty .For what you must have paid you have a right to satisfaction

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2008 crossfire 800. The dealer i bought it from is a joke too. A big big dealer that only cares about getting units out the door.(planet powersports) A little dealer close by has been more help than them

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
alex2929 said:
2008 crossfire 800. The dealer i bought it from is a joke too. A big big dealer that only cares about getting units out the door.(planet powersports) A little dealer close by has been more help than them
Put a nasty letter on the BBB (better business bureau) and you'll get the help you need real quick. I had to do that with an appliance superstore about a year ago. They basically told me to get f-ed...then I wrote the complaint. Had a call from a GM the next day.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone have a number direct to arctic cat customer service. i keep leaving messages with no calls returned. i need to find a way to actually talk to someone.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
to try to solve the problem try a differet CDI box. and my gut says Sledneck's idea is the way to go!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got a feeling slednecks idea is what i might have to do. I am done riding for the year most likely. I already got numerous bills from different shops....have ruined two trips up north that i drove a lot of hours for. I want them to take this thing and give me a new one. not sure i will get that though...

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Act quickly while it's well under warranty, you need to make sure the sled or a new one is at 100% before you lose the warranty.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think you qualify for the lemon law actually, since it's the same re-occuring issue that has not been resolved. Ride their a$$es until you get it resolve. If they make you keep the sled, tell them to extend your warranty. It may take what Sledneck is referring to, but your dealer should be working with you to get it resolved. You can certainly go to a different Cat dealer too. You paid good money for something that is so called "warrantied"

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
duece said:
I would throw it in the back of the truck and drop it at the dealer where you bought it,the fact that its a leftover doesnt change the fact its a new sled with a warranty .For what you must have paid you have a right to satisfaction
Exactly! Bring that thing right back to the dealership you bought it from. I would hope that they will do their best to make you a satisfied customer. They may also have a little more pull with Arctic Cat contacting them as a certified dealership than you will just contacting them as an owner.

Also don't be afraid to bring in copies of those bills for repairs you had done while on your trips. I would think that you would be entitled to some reimbursement for your expenses that where caused by their machine.

And like the other guys said make sure you stay on the dealer's butt about your problem and document everything. That way you can show that the dealer was made aware of the problem well within the warranty period and has tried to fix the problem. If push comes to shove and you end up going to court to get satisfaction that documentation will be worth its weight in gold to your favor.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Change the stator, dies and loses charge when warm/hot. Gets better in the morning when cool.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't forget a letter to the local newspaper, polite and to the point.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welllll....first of all arctic cats customer service is terrible. Leaving a message and getting a call back a few days later makes it hard to get things resolved. Arctic cat wants me to take it to the dealer and have them try to get the machine to shut off on them so they can attempt to figure out what it is. I am doubtful they will be able to do this but I hope they can. Should Arctic cat be paying for 100% of this work??? They are not real willing to pay unless the dealer figures it out. They also said if they can't figure it out we will have to wait till next year when there is snow again being spring seems to have arrived this week. This really don't seem acceptable to me either....i have already wasted my two trips for the year this year by sitting at cat dealers...getting towed back to the cabin....and paying bills for them to look at my sled and not figure anything out. The last thing i want is another trip ruined next year. It is too expensive to drive 10 hours to the U.P. to not be able to ride. Let me know how you guys would handle this....

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i would be all over the dealer and cat. write to the BBB and i bet they take of you 100% and pay for all bills accourred from the machine being in the shop. call cat and ask to speak with the boss then tell that boss you want his boss then tell that boss you want his boss. go up the ladder. cat will not let this go down bad as it looks bad against them. Start with the letter then follow thru

1 - 20 of 28 Posts