Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am looking at the 2004 sleds and all I have to say is I want a sled man :-/. Only riding I have done this year was my cousin's 99 ZR 700, I took it down from my house to his for him. Well that and the triple piped Viper ripping around the yard(no fun hitting 80 when you have to stop in about 30 feet... ok so it is fun :)). I have a couple grand saved up in the bank and was planning to lift my truck 6" and put 37" tall tires under it but I am wondering if I shouldn't just save my money and buy a brand new 2004 sled. I am going straight to work out of school(graduate this year) and will be making enough money to cover payments on a new sled if I get a bank loan. Could cover the cost by half I think for a down payment. I am seriouslly liking the FireCat and SaberCat 600s. Stealth Firecat is NICE! So should I:

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
How is snow generally in your area? In a place like here in central to lower minnesota, it is a waste to buy a brand new sled, unless you have alot of money. I personally wouldn't buy anything newer than about an 01, but hey, i'm a poor college student. Maybe in 10 years if I have alot of money I could get a new sled, but then the wife (if I have one) will prolly give me dirty looks, lol.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i serously look at the pro x's man there off the chain

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
snow here has been pretty good this year(no where near riding all the time) but I ride in Upstate New York where I could really ride a brand new sled, lakes, hundreds of miles of trails and roads.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I'm with madd dog, even some firecat owners are saying the Pro X's are nicer machines.

At least in my area.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I currently do not have the button added at my site for it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I take it that Sled dog is your cousin? If I were you I'd wait. Just getting out of college you will have many other things to spend your money on. The best thing for you to do is buy yourself a house, if you already haven't, it is the best investment you can make. After that you should buy a new sled.

Now that I got the responsilbe answer out of the way, If you are going to buy a new sled now is the time, interest rates are low. Don't finance from the dealer, they are tricky, they show great rates but there are alot of conditions, and if you don't pay attention you might end up paying up to 24% in interest. Pay cash for total if you can. If not put as much money down as you possibly can, get a recreational vehicle loan from bank or credit union for the remaining balance. I'd buy exactly what you want the first time, it is not fun to second gusess yourself if you settle for something close. Try all makes and models if possible, remember this is a big investment.

OOPS! a snowmobile is never an investment. LOL Good luck and let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
506 Posts
SD I haven't seen you on in awhile, but I haven't been on so much recently either. I know how ya feel man, I"m wanting a new sled to, and have a truck to lift, and all that fun stuff, + worrying about school to.

all I've decided for myself is take it a little bit at a time. I'm thinkin that if I see a smashed up SRX in the next bit, ya sure, I"ll pick it up, and when I have money for a new part, get the new part and slap it on, maybe by next winter it'll be rollin again.

I also want a bike and to finish my damned truck tho. what's a kid to do? so many toys... haveing to choose sucks eh?

I dunno, like I said, a little bit at a time man.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
On P-mans side of the site... I think the adress is www.geocities.com/polarisman . But I dunno.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by j-2-800
[br]I take it that Sled dog is your cousin? If I were you I'd wait. Just getting out of college you will have many other things to spend your money on. The best thing for you to do is buy yourself a house, if you already haven't, it is the best investment you can make. After that you should buy a new sled.

Now that I got the responsilbe answer out of the way, If you are going to buy a new sled now is the time, interest rates are low. Don't finance from the dealer, they are tricky, they show great rates but there are alot of conditions, and if you don't pay attention you might end up paying up to 24% in interest. Pay cash for total if you can. If not put as much money down as you possibly can, get a recreational vehicle loan from bank or credit union for the remaining balance. I'd buy exactly what you want the first time, it is not fun to second gusess yourself if you settle for something close. Try all makes and models if possible, remember this is a big investment.

OOPS! a snowmobile is never an investment. LOL Good luck and let us know what you decide.
I got a hell of a lot of cousins but ain't any of them here. I am graduating high school adn have no bills besides my insurance and gas for a few years yet. Yeah junior I haven't been around much, today is like the first time in a month maybe. And I use Polarisman's side of the site. And I am not going to college so no bills there. Also I would never finance through a dealer, those interest rates are insane, would go through my bank and get my parents to cosign. Probably be a good way to build my credit(they are big on that since they have perfect credit).

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
No, my site is http://www.polarisfiles.com

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
sorry pman I didn't know everything changed over that revamp you did...

·
Registered
324 Posts
ABout that pro x I have been an arctic cat fan my whole life. dad is and the rest of my buddies too. By Im saw the prox in the show room and WOW Me want BAD!!! Very sweet looking sled!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah they look great and I admit I wouldn't mind having one but I don't ditch bang much(do sometimes) and I think the Firecats suspension will be much better for me. If its anything like the ZR its what I want, fairly soft and nice on the trails when cruising but not too soft to ditch bang with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts