Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased SLP twin pipes for my 98 XC 700, I ordered everything the instructions say, Clutch springs, weights, helixes, jets, everything. What can I expect on the performance gains?

· Registered
828 Posts
I tend to agree with lf33. If the engine is left untouch, it shouldnt be finicky. Do everything SLP stated you to do and all you will need to do is test run and fine tune it. WL

· Registered
1,791 Posts
Nothing against SLP but there charts can be off...like really off. Just dont give up if its not right the first time you take the sled out. A lot of tuning and testing and tuning and then oh the temp dropped 20 degrees be prepared to adjust. Just my 2cents good luck

· Registered
2,124 Posts
Ran them on my '99 SKS700, ended up selling them, jetting is finicky on the pipes. I take it you have the Keihn carbs being that you have 205 jets? Better get a few more, like all the way up to 220, and down to 190, also a few pilot jets are going to help. In the long run, I didn't like the changing of the jets over 5-10 degrees in temp, and that happens often in a days ride to have spot on performance.

· Registered
2,117 Posts
Multiple pipes will usually be more temperamental to changes in temp., elevation, etc. Some of this is caused by fluctuation in the pipe temps. If the pipes are not coated, wrapped, or covered with something to keep the heat in the pipes, performance suffers. Some with pipes use a Tempa Flow or other device to adjust fuel instead of changing jets. Know doubt, there is performance to be gained, but it is rarely a bolt-on and ride deal.

BTW, Being in MI, give the guys at MCB Performance a call. Matt had some good running 6 & 700s. http://www.mcbperformance.com/ (862)-200-SLED (7533)

· Registered
2,117 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Holtzman makes the Tempa Flow and the ATACC. The Tempa Flow is fine for those who have very little change in elevation along with being less expensive. Mr. Holtzman is easy to talk to and is willing to help with set-up as well.

· Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i ride the same elevation all the time here. I guess I will jet it to run good and go from there. I thought about getting them coated. you guys know anyone that does it for a good deal?

· Registered
2,117 Posts
Can't help ya there. Maybe advertisers on here or HCS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.