Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which should I get? A ultra 680 or a storm 800? It will mainly be used on groomed trails and crossing fields and lakes. Any input would be great thanks.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Welcome to the forum Race Boy,

Either one would be good. If you've never rode before I don't know that you would want to go straight to an 800. What would you look forward to? Also the insurance is a killer.

Lots of guys that know more than me out here stand by.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I would go for the 800 Storm, they are your best bet for lakes! [:D]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am coming off my third sled which is a 01 sno pro and want smoething with a little more top end but yet would also like to put some mods to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking of a 95 storm does anyone know what type of chassis this sled has and also is this sled known for any crank problems or engine problems?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
1 more vote here for the Storm, she'll be heavy and will want to go straight, but man do those triple storms move on the ice!

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
The storm is the fastest but the ultra has much better suspension if its 97-98...Its better for jumping and trails..Put some pipes on it and it will push 140+HP which should run with the storm.either way they are both great sleds..

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
piped ultras RIP! i have a 96 xcr sp with the cyuls off a 96 ultra, n xcr sp triple pipes n i can easily beat 700's also i have beaten a 700 xcr. iv ne

1 - 10 of 10 Posts