Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to look at a 2001 pro-x 440, I had an 02 fan cooled last winter before my mxz and loved it, and have been looking for one of the consumer 440's for a while. Other than the givens, compression, hyfax, track, pro-x steering slop. What else was problems on these?

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
they are nice sleds but are getting very hard to find parts for the 01 prox has its own unique chassis and alot of the newer parts wont fit it. not trying to discourage you from getting it whatsoever its just one of those things to think about

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what I thought, 01 and 2 did not have the beefy trailing arms either from what I understand.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
no. they diddnt the 01s are even unique from the 02s they are just like a standart trailing arm with a swaybar mount on top. the chaincase is differt because it has a larger center to center on the holes, the rear suspention is totaly unique it has those little silver blocks on the front and back not just the rear like most, and the throttle cable is nearly impossible to get because it has been discontinued from polaris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts