Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5000 miles
has some stud damage to the coolers but doesnt leak
excellent track
new hi fax
i rode it this season and it ran and drove great
i think it has a throttle safty switch problem though b/c when i would drive it, i would let off the throttle then get back on it and the engine would die. then i would go to start it back up, and it ran fine again, 1 pull start right after it died. it would do this every so often. at least once a ride.
he is asking 1200 or best offer

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yea I would go $800 to $1000. That could be a TORS problem. You can research it in the yamaha specific forum. Try disconnecting it to see if that helps.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yes sounds like the TORS problem.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It's either an adjustment in the stop, or a sticky cable. I know I had trouble with my 98 tripple when the cable got kinked after changing jets.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
My dad sold a 2000 SXr 700 with a new motor for $1400 and it was in pretty good shape. I personally think a 98' Vmax would be worth about $800 in running shape. Since it runs but dies ( although it's like a TORS "Throttle OverRide System" problem ) it's still a sled that doesn't run perfect. I'd offer him $600 honestly. Try unplugging the wire that comes out of the throttle. Should be about a foot down the wire towards the main harness.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
600 is a bit low man. the guy is from my church.not that makes a difference. its a nice sled. im going to look at it again sometime soon

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
If it has the TORS just remove them, finally removed them from the Banshee and wow what a difference...easier to work on now to.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Offer 900 and see what he says. All he can say is "go up".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts