Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im an ok rider but ive only had one sled. Had 2000 800 rmk with a 136 track. that thing ripped 100mph stock. But I rolled on top of a mountain and got drug down the mountain with my arm behind my back I ripped my collar bone half way off, hyperextended my whole upper body and broke my armbone verticaly 6 inches from the ball down.
I had no idea such pain was possible. Ouch!

Any ways im buying a new 800 summit in a couple weeks. Im not sure what track to get. I like having the agility a shorter track but dont want to be caught short. Here where I ride theres two riding areas. on is mostly muskeg flats and the other is straight up or straight down mountain. very steep. How much trailability do u give up with 151 compared to the 144. think I better go with 151 guess I think I just awnsered my quiestion lol thanks for any input though!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
well first of all how much trail riding do you plan to do??
all ive got to say is that those 144's rip man
a 151 is nice but wont handle so good in the trails
if you do 25% of you riding on trails I would go with a 144".....you will be suprised what they will do compared to your 136.........I was
I hope your ok now from that wreck! sounded like a bad one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no trails here but about half of the season the snow can get hard. Warms up then refreezes kind of a thing. But in order to get to the good riding I gotta go up some serius vert. Gotta go up a 1000 ft 45-50 degree shoot the back down other side but with a bonus of doing it in the trees. The kind of hills where if you dont make it its bad news Although my 800 136 made it on a good day. On a good snow dump of more than a foot I was denied. And my buddy with a pre rev summit had a 144 and seemed to do better in the deeper snow. damned if you do dammned if you dont. Got 24 inches of snow here in juneau Ak in the last three days and were at sea level lol calling for more too! usually dont get this weather until early january probably 6ft deeep at 1000 ft elev.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Originally posted by jetbt25
[br]There are no trails here but about half of the season the snow can get hard. Warms up then refreezes kind of a thing. But in order to get to the good riding I gotta go up some serius vert. Gotta go up a 1000 ft 45-50 degree shoot the back down other side but with a bonus of doing it in the trees. The kind of hills where if you dont make it its bad news Although my 800 136 made it on a good day. On a good snow dump of more than a foot I was denied. And my buddy with a pre rev summit had a 144 and seemed to do better in the deeper snow. damned if you do dammned if you dont. Got 24 inches of snow here in juneau Ak in the last three days and were at sea level lol calling for more too! usually dont get this weather until early january probably 6ft deeep at 1000 ft elev.
well after hearing that post I think I would go with a 151.......and even in spring time type conditions like what your talkin about a longtrack is really gonna hook up for hillclimbing........so yeah id go with the 151

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I say 151
I ran a 141 for years, and decided to go to a 162 and was affraid I would loose all that fun tree riding and boondocking I enjoy along with hitting the hills. So I did it and was amazed, I almost feel I have more control and freedom with the longer track were I thought I was going to have problems

·
Registered
358 Posts
i would go for the 151 ...a bigger imprint for riding in the powder...more floataion...and plus it sounds like you ride mostly in deep powder ne ways

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.