Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pickedup a 1995 evolved indy 500, to see how fast i can get it. Only thing i cant find is pipes or pipe for it, i want twin pies, if the dont make them, whats the best single? Thanks again

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
This has been discussed a lot on here and the thing said the most is it is not worth it on those fuji twins they are not a speed demon type of motor they were made to be extremely dependable on trails. SLP used to make a set of twins for those motors a long time ago but they are really hard to find now adays and if you do they may be really expensive. This site makes a single for your sled but to me what you gain from this pipe it is not worth the price unless you can find one used then it would be worth a shot.
http://www.aaenperformance.com/Polaris.asp

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I've also seen a DG single pipe that works on the 488 liquid and fan alike, If my memory serves me correctly DG claimed a 5-6 HP gain, but in the end we are all gonna tell you what we've told all the others that have asked this question, clutch it,tune it, and gear it if necessary,and then just ride it, take it for what its worth and save yourself the hassle,headache and money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
98700xc said:
I've also seen a DG single pipe that works on the 488 liquid and fan alike, If my memory serves me correctly DG claimed a 5-6 HP gain, but in the end we are all gonna tell you what we've told all the others that have asked this question, clutch it,tune it, and gear it if necessary,and then just ride it, take it for what its worth and save yourself the hassle,headache and money.
I honeslty dont care if you tell me its not worth it, i know i can get it over 110 hp pretty easy, and thats going to be a sleeper when a 600 or 700 wants to race, thanks for the info both of you.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
110hp!!!
oh no here we go again. not saying it cant be done, but not easy.
i have a set from a wedge chassis, not sure if they can be made to fit.
175 shipped.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
iRide said:
98700xc said:
I honeslty dont care if you tell me its not worth it, i know i can get it over 110 hp pretty easy, and thats going to be a sleeper when a 600 or 700 wants to race, thanks for the info both of you.
Remember there always somebody faster and who has more $$ in their ride.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Doesnt the 488 fuji have around 70 horsepower stock? like said above don't waste your money. Save up for a bigger motor if you want real HP numbers. Ive never seen a fuji 488 with over 100 hp

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bigwedgies said:
110hp!!!
oh no here we go again. not saying it cant be done, but not easy.
i have a set from a wedge chassis, not sure if they can be made to fit.
175 shipped.
it will be done some time after christmas, and when i have the picture of my dyno sheet, you give me the pipes? and i bet i wont spend over 500$ on parts.

·
Registered
244 Posts
only way your gonna get 110 hp is a turbo or a high shot of nos..

·
Registered
50 Posts
You cant make big horsepower with this motor.....Ive tried and $1200 later I have a snappy trail sled but its not a racer.Just clutch and gear it and it will last forever.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I had a 92 500... I went down that road of trying to make it faster. you know what i ended up with? a crank with bad bearings. Dont waste your money on that motor. you would be better off dropping a 440 out of a iqr into it and running 110 through it.

I would laugh at your 500 if you wanted to race my ultra.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
iRide said:
98700xc said:
first of all you asked for input, so shut your yap for a second and listen to what people are telling you. secondly with that kind of attitude you will not get far.

and 3rd, 500$ limit,
assuming the cylinders are good.
hone job 35$
new piston and rings 120$
$100 on used clutch parts
50$ on used gearing
porting to gain 8 hp very generous gain but we will go with it. 200$
used pipe 100$
gaskets 50$
lets be nice and say 100 hp. for the next ten hp you need to do head work. thats going to be 100$ or so.

now you could spend about 25$ on jetting parts.

since you are a know it all and wont listen to anyone you will jet how you want and burn it down. then start over with pistons but add another 50$ per cylinder for boring work and some more money for touch up porting.

good luck mr know it all.

now why dont you take a few moments and do a search on stormy and dragon 700, see how they act to others, then get back to us on how you are going to act.

little brats dont last long here anymore.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
BAAAAAMMMMM!!!!Way to lay the smack down Madcow. Hopefully a mod locks this one up. [thumb]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
thanks, but he is going to show us a dyno sheet as well!! aparently hasnt priced out dyno sessions lately. i think some shops are around 125/hour with a minnimum of 2-3 hours.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
madcow said:
thanks, but he is going to show us a dyno sheet as well!! aparently hasnt priced out dyno sessions lately. i think some shops are around 125/hour with a minnimum of 2-3 hours.
My dyno guy charges $150 to hook it up to your sled and will do 3 pulls, and you have to be there to change jetting or there is additional charges for him to do it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
If you're going to get 110 HP out of your Fuji 488, why don't you just take that money and buy an 800? No way you're getting 110 HP out of that motor for $500!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts