Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an effort to gauge the variety of Riders that post on this site please reply to the following question. And please only answer once unless you own multiple types of sleds that way the results will be an accurate representation of those who post on this site.

What type of sled do you ride???

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
We have 5 trail sleds, but the pole will only let you post once. I imagine a lot of other posters have multiple sleds, so I don't know how that would affect your results.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
837 Posts
i have more then just a trail sled, i have a mxzx800 that is a copy of a race sled, it a high performance one, you should go back and edit your question, then i will vote

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Yeah, you should have a "race sled" choice, I just got a new Pro X 600 (It's not here yet) but it's a race machine, far more than a trail sled.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is just a general poll people. A "race" sled if it has a short track and not much in the way of paddle height and is mainly used for racing on a course or riding on the trails is a trail sled for this poll. If you have a "race" sled that you added a long track to or deep lugs and you mainly ride it in the deep powder and mountains then by all means call your "Race" sled a mountain sled. And if because the poll lacks a so called "race" sled category you don't feel you should vote then by all means don't vote! My point is that the same sled could be classified in a number of different ways depending on what that particular sled is used for and the owner's temperament. For this poll how ever the classification has been limited to four broad categories

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
why don't you just add a high performance sled section, so what you are saying is my 01 mxzx 800 is the same as 380 fan 2 seater? your poll does not have a fair evaluation of all sleds, and don't forget there are kids on here and some may ride a mini z or kitty cat, what about them?

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
A kitty cat or a mini z would or could be considered whatever. If the kid rides in mountains with one, it is a mountain sled, if he pulls around a sled, hauling feed or whatever, it is a utility sled. He doesn't in general want to know what size sled you drive, he just wants to know what kind of riding you do and what you sled is used for.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
837 Posts
ok then how about this, i don't ride in the mountains, i don't on trails, i don't use it for utility, but i do ride, and it is most of the time in the ditch, can we at least add that,

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
common matt, you can call ditch riding, trails. Why are you always looking for an argument?

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
He wants to know in what conditions you ride. In this senerio, ditch riding is the same as trail riding. Most people who ride trails also ride ditches. Big deal, don't vote. Nobody said you had to vote or make a big deal out of it either.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
837 Posts
well maybe i will vote, but what if i do it all mountain and trail, i can vote twice, what should i do? i do the same amount of both

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
WOW MATT! Cut it out....

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
155 Posts
I ride a Polaris XC800. I wanted a performance, trail rider. I ride a lot of different areas and this handles them all well. Well, deep powder isn't great, but I still like hitting it.

Oh, and quit being stubborn. This isn't for money or fame. It is meant for fun. So vote or don't post.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

1 - 20 of 22 Posts