Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what upgrade i could get for my 2006 RMK 700.
I am looking for weight savings and power.
I can either get
~Timbersled Cold Air Intake System
or the
~EPI Pro clutch kit
I hope to get out to B.C. once this year, so keep that in mind.
Also, i am looking to sell my MBRP and get an SLP can. Mainly for the noise, but will i lose or gain performance with this upgrade?

Or yo could recomend something else under $300.

CAN MY STOCK WIRES ON MY 2006 RMK FIT A 4 INCH RISER?!

·
Registered
269 Posts
i think probably just a 2" riser (usually) someone will correct me if i am wrong.. i dnot think you will see a change in performance with a different can. not to sure on the other two but i would lean towards a clutch kit. someone will have better info than i though :D

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The can's won't give you performance, but they do do save a ton of weight on the fusion..

My buddies fusion had an EPI clutch kit, and the spring broke.. The vibration blew open his pipe and melted a bunch of stuff under the hood. He's still chasing issues..

·
Registered
99 Posts
If your gonna change the can then change the pipe. The pipe is where the power is the can is where the sound and weight control will be. I run a slp single pipe with a snostuff rumble pack can. You will gain a little mid-range power save a lot of weight and they sound sweet. A rumble pack really screams especially when your running a tree line or coming out of the woods. Clutching would be the next step. On my polaris i have an acrtic cat secondary with a green spring and i put a gold spring in the primary with 66 gram weights. I geared down a little and the thing rips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts