Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the recent thing you guys have done to your sleds in the past week? I installed my hot grips AGAIN. Last year got a new pair and the ground wire wasn't wired into them so I called the company and got a brand new set. I got two three prone trailer plugs and wired them into the sled just like stock. THEY WORK GREAT. Then I played around with some LED's seeing how I wanted to mount them onto the sled. And yesterday got my headlight cover so when I'm running on the lake or just parked it will look good. Now I'm just waiting for my dad to take my pipe and y-pipe to work to have him sand blast it and spray it black. Here's a few pictures of the headlight cover and leds ideas: 201010262135718_33730.jpg
201010262137906_33730.jpg

20101026204822296_33730.jpg

2010102620482162_33730.jpg

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Looks good but be sure to get a rectifier so the LEDs will last.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just going to have them wired up for battery packs. I have them hooked up like that on my boat for over a year and works great, never had a problem with these led's.

·
Registered
863 Posts
replaced track, and polished chain case cover..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What type of track you go with mxz440Kid?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Picked up a 1970 johnson skee horse, got spark in it, got it running, cleaned it up and sanded it, primed it. Waiting to find the right color paint.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
ArcticCatzr500 said:
I'm just going to have them wired up for battery packs. I have them hooked up like that on my boat for over a year and works great, never had a problem with these led's.
That seems to work the best. I can take a picture of my setup and post it for a reference if needed.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Redneck13x said:
Picked up a 1970 johnson skee horse, got spark in it, got it running, cleaned it up and sanded it, primed it. Waiting to find the right color paint.

Cool project!

And those LEDs look good, along with the headlight cover. A pic of how your running the lights would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
208 Posts
yanked the 470 out and pried jumped and did alot of mscjbec3rgi%^$##$% that and put a 583 in her.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SWEET PROJECT.

·
Registered
863 Posts
ArcticCatzr500 said:
What type of track you go with mxz440Kid?
the 1.5 camoplast intense

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
This past week I totally rebuilt a X-10, (taking out the M-10), put the springs back in my clutches and re-aligned them, 3 inch riser, and new brake pads.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Straightened 1 radius rod, replaced 1 trailing arm, got 2 shocks rebuilt, removed drive axle and drained chaincase (changing track), greased whole sled, re-packed bearings, new seat cover, cleaned all rear suspension shafts, re-riveted a tunnel support, custom cut a low windshield.

For the rest of the week, I have to put my rear suspension together, install it back into the sled, then bolt the seat back down and give my sled a good wash then wax job. Then it's getting sold. Then onto the next sled.... (2003 Ski-Doo Mxz 600H.O Adrenaline)

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Redneck13x said:

That thing looks really close to an Evinrude Skeeter. Those opposing twins sound awesome. Sounds like an airplane going across the lake.[thumb] Oh, and they do donuts alllll day long.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Haven't seen the ol' girl in couple months, but I've been gearing up regardless. Purchased a mountain bar, cobra windshield, boost bottle, IQ tank, IQ seat, and a generic LED taillight.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Those sleds are looking good. I like the old johnson and evinrude sleds. My brother just threw away a 25hp evinrude last week.[:(!]

Ive removed the mounts for the suspension made new ones for the front(so I don't have to re-drill rivet holes I can just re-drill the mount hole) 1 new trailing arm, all new front bushings, sandblasted radius rods and other trailing arm, and painted them. I also repaired the tunnel(got rear ended). Still on the list....send the jugs out to get bored, install new crank seals, install x-tra ten and new track, blast and paint the rest of the steel parts, prime and paint the tunnel and exhaust,clean all the aluminum parts, replace speedo cable, all shaft bearings and chain, clean carb's and find a new throttle cable for less than 100 bucks. Oh and put it back together. It all started as a simple drive shaft replacement.....[Disappointed]

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just did a 9" big wheel kit, new can, snow eliminators. Snowing like crazy in the mountains now! I'm almost ready....

·
Registered
122 Posts
cleaned my air socks, put my new pilot jets in, got coolant flowing, ordered new carb boots. next up, order a 169° rotary valve and get her running just that much better

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Hangman said:
Redneck13x said:

That thing looks really close to an Evinrude Skeeter. Those opposing twins sound awesome. Sounds like an airplane going across the lake.[thumb] Oh, and they do donuts alllll day long.
They are pretty much the exact same, besides color. They are pretty much the same company.

But i just found out that the timing advanced CAM is broken. Now i need to find one [xx(]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts