Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was your first toy that got you hooked on to snowmobiling...Ill start off it was a 1975 Sno-Jet SST 440 F/A. When I first got it my dad put dual 34MM Mikuni carbs inplace of the single tilison... it would do about 68 but it was an awsome first sled.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
1967 Bolens Sprint 315 twin w/ twin tillotson carbs.
I got it brand new.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
1991 Indy lite 340. Damn I smacked that thing up.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
1974 JD 400 with a 340 sachs engine and an awsome boogie wheel "suspension" [:D]

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
I first got started on a 1976 John Deere 300, but was soon upgraded to a 1977 Massey Ferguson Whirlwind 440.

Both sleds are still ridden by my uncle and his kids to this day...

·
Registered
3 Posts
1986 citation 250, with no seat,my grandfather brought it home one day he got it off a guy for free cuz it didnt run. cleaned out the carb and it ran like a top!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Started with old junkers on the farm. Then moved to a 1994 indy lite deluxe, which is still out at the family farm.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
First sled I ever rode was My brother's 71 Massey Ferguson Ski Whiz 500 SST had a JLO 340 one lunger with a nutsucker carb.
Looked like a Tractor, handled like a Tractor, PULLED like said Tractor.
What do you expect from a Tractor manufacturer.
Rick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine was a 72' kitty cat. Back when we use to get snow!! 5 gallons of gas was a hell of a baby sitter back then, lasted all week. The best 200.00 my dad ever spent. And I only smashed it twice[:D] Man was my sister pissed![:(!]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mine was a 1976 JAG 3000 with a 340 Spirit. Thats her in the picture. I still have her, I rode her today.I'd like to see one of these kids on their performance sleds try taking this baby across a cornfield at full throttle ! Now thats a rush !

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticOhio
[br]Mine was a 1976 JAG 3000 with a 340 Spirit. Thats her in the picture. I still have her, I rode her today.I'd like to see one of these kids on their performance sleds try taking this baby across a cornfield at full throttle ! Now thats a rush !
i second that, everybody that tells me o a got this new polaris blah blah blah, i was so tired after riding, I wanna see them take my old jag for a spin down the cornfield, although that is gone, i have a better sled to take down the corn field, a 78 eltigre 5000, same suspension as the jag, ust 35 more horsepower[:p] now thats a rush[:D]

·
Registered
72 Posts
1969 ski-doo olympic, did more repairing than riding but would not have learned how to wrench on sleds if it did not happen that way 2nd sled 1972 ski-doo tnt440 had a blast with that sled!

·
Registered
572 Posts
cant remember the year, late 70's scorpion whip 400. lots of bogies. fun to ride. handled like a dream compared to other sleds i rode at the time.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The first one I remember as a kid was a pair of them. One was a '65 or '66 Ski-Daddler Mark IV. The other was either a Johnson or Evinrude. I remember it was aqua green in color and that it was the same brand as a boat moter. I also remember it had a reverse feature, you could disengage the track which made it easier to pull backwards.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Those TNT's were screamers!
Originally posted by ramblnman
[br]1969 ski-doo olympic, did more repairing than riding but would not have learned how to wrench on sleds if it did not happen that way 2nd sled 1972 ski-doo tnt440 had a blast with that sled!

·
Registered
241 Posts
'91 AC EXT 550

·
Registered
295 Posts
My first sled was a hand me down for the neighbor it was a Bobcat with a twin cylinder JLO Motor was locked up but my dad had an old SACHS 300 single lunger he stuck in it. Went out riding hell I could of ran faster than what that sled ran oh well who can bitch it was something to ride

1 - 20 of 99 Posts