Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 92 ski doo 377cc's but it seems quite slow. The fastest i have ever had it is about 60 kilometers per hour. I would like to get a newer one in the off season probably ski doo or arctic cat. I would call myself pretty aggressive and i want it to be quick however i don't want it to cost a fortune. I would like it to be in the 94-97 range. Got any suggestions on what i should get?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks for the reply just curious how much you think something like this would cost and why you said this particualr sled?
thanx

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
no wrong water boy. rotax automatic variable exaust. I would go with the 96 mxz 583 rave as well. great power fast and a great ride. U could probably get one for around 2 grand or maybe cheaper. check out ebay!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
American, Around 2 grand sounds good. I picked this sled because its reliable and is a good year. Its in the age you were looking at. Its skidoo. It has a good powerband. It looks great. Its not over powered. And it has all the power an average to lite-agressive rider would want.

Also some info about you... Age, weight, etc... This will also decide a good choice...

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok some other guy on some toher web site told me the same sled. haha. i am 16 years old, 150 lbs, and about 6 foot tall approx

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Originally posted by 98mxzx440
[br]no wrong water boy. rotax automatic variable exaust.
From Rotax.bombardier.com

"The patented "RAVE" (= ROTAX Adjustable Variable Exhaust), a pneumatically controlled exhaust valve that improves torque behaviour and reduces fuel consumption"

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys i appreciate it and thanks for that little thing about R.A.V.E. telling what it does and what not...i am for surely going to keep my eyes open for a 98 mxz 583cc's R.A.V.E.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
for a couple extra peso's you could step up to a 97 or 98 mx chassis (preferably the 670 h.o.--best 2 lunger ever assembled). with the mx chassis you gain the sc-10 rear skid instead of that 3 shock rear which is a bit of a dinosaur. i've seen these go from $2,200 to $3,000. i think you'd be a happy camper on one of these

my corral 93 formula plus
01 mxzx800
03 blair morgan mxz-x 800 rev
03 polaris predator

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Yea the only problem with tryin to get a 98 or so(even though it would be better than a 96) is that the 98s are more expensive.Even though i got my 98 mxzx 440 lc for only 2 grand. The 99( the didnt make them in 98) 670 H.o are probably one of the best sled ski-doo ever made. These things are awesome! Fast, powerfull and a great ride.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i got to save up a little more cash then i will jsut see what i can get for the best price and what not. i got to get my other one sold before i buy one too i might just slap it on ebay it seems to be pretty easy.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yah there are some pretty nice sleds on ebay i just need to get a job some of my buds got some pretty nice arctic cats and ski doos but i got my piece of crap ski doo 377cc's haha i need to find a job very badly i hate this snowmobile i have rode some of my friends arctic cats he just got a 02 arctic cat 600 it is nice. i also have road one of my friends ski doo mxz's i believe its a 98 or 99 i love it. i want to get a 96 mxz or newer perhaps next year granted i find a job i love snowmobiling it is so much fun haha. i have found some pretty nice ski doo mxz's for reasonable prices on ebay but just can't afford them right now...between gas and oil for the sled it is making me go poor haha that little 377 seems to suck the gas and oil down.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
if you do alot of WOT riding, then you will probably find that your 377 will use more gas than you friends 600 if you ride at the same speed. So with a newer sled you will probably save a bit on gas.. :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yah that is what i sort of figured. I got to have it wide open though to even think about keeping up which i still can't but o well it is still fun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts