Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Polaris Indy 650 and was wondering how it would go along with a yamaha venture 600 or 700 and if anyone knows what are the top speeds of each of them? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I didn't think Yamaha made the Venture in a 600 or 700? I could be wrong, but I thought they were only smaller cc sleds......like a 340 or a 440.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would think that the Indy would win the race, the venture is a touring machine right.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea its a touring sled but my friend says it can beat my indy. Oh well we`ll find out on the trails!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've had a venture 600 over 140kph man, those things have nuts, the 700 will have more, they can't corner worth a **** but in straight lines, touring machines can still be pretty quick. the 700 will be pretty quick man, against an indy 650, I'd say the 600 will prob be about even, the 700 will probably walk ya. no offense to yer sled intended at all, but I have alot of faith in that 700 triple-single yamaha mill. my dads 700SX will push up over 120mph like nothing, take it down the 1/4 mile and the speedo is pinned at 180kph by the time U"re at 2/3rds track, in 500 feet it'll turn 85mph without much trouble (and yes that's on radar)

that's my prediction anyways, but let me know how it turns out eh? the 600 will probably take you out of the whole, then U creep past him. the 700 I"m guessing will just go, and be gone

let us know how it goes

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Thats right, thats right......sorry I was thinking Ovation or something. I forgot the Venture was Yamies two up sled. I agree, I think the 700 will definately take the 650.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts