Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a 2001 ski doo mxz 440f for cheap didn't run good so we took it to the dealer so they could look at it. We come back a week later and they say it needs new top end. We decided to get it fix so today we get a call back and there like we put the new top end in but still doesn't run. Then they said it's the bottom seal in the motor. They want 500 bucks for the top end that didn't even need. And the sled still needs a seal in the motor.

Now I have to go down and talk to them about the sled what would you do?

what really ticks me off is there the one who looked it over and said it needed a top end...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Don't buy a snowmobile unless you know what you are doing?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Tell them to take the top end that they put on it off, work something out for their labor,(as they probably won't give your sled back till they get something) and once you come to a understanding and a deal, get your sled from them and then tell them that they just lost a customer because of their own illiteracy, IMO you pretty much stuck in a way where your gonna have to pay something and end up getting nothing for it, chalk it up as a lesson learned and find a more reputable dealer and or mechanic.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Is it possible that the top end and the seal where both bad and needed replacing? Or is a bad seal one of those things that doesn't show up until you get tore into the job? I'm not a mechanic, I'm just asking the question. Before I would get all worked up I would talk with the mechanic, have him show you what's bad and come to an agreement about the repairs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
brian126 said:
Is it possible that the top end and the seal where both bad and needed replacing? Or is a bad seal one of those things that doesn't show up until you get tore into the job? I'm not a mechanic, I'm just asking the question. Before I would get all worked up I would talk with the mechanic, have him show you what's bad and come to an agreement about the repairs.
/\x2 I would ask them to see the old pistons. I work on atvs a lot and it is the same concept. A lot of times you will only fix one thing to find a problem with another. The fact that it didn't run makes it harder to find these problems. They could have done a leak test on the case but it probably didn't cross their mind if the top end was bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts