Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have about 5000 to spend, im thinking like a iqr 440 trail converted or a 600 trail converted from the factory what you think. I will be doing lots of hard rough aggressive trail riding and maybe a little logging road riding to. give me your opinions looking to get a 03 or newer.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
For that much money, I'd start looking for a Ski-Doo Blizzard, or Ski-Doo XR-S, then you can have extra money to spend to.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, i just want something that will handle all the jumps and rough trails that i ride.

·
Registered
265 Posts
04 or newer true snopro
04 pro xr
07 xrs
600 rr
any 440

i know you know what machines are in this class everybody does so quite braggin about getting a new sled

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
A race sled is not needed when you havent had a sled yet to actually beat up. An X-package sled or a snopro package firecat ( which isnt rider forward, but does have a nice positioning ) is what you want.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
skidooguymxz550 said:
04 or newer true snopro
04 pro xr
07 xrs
600 rr
any 440

[highlight=yellow]i know you know what machines are in this class everybody does so quite braggin about getting a new sled[/highlight=yellow]
Was that a joke? If not, you don't know what sleds are in this class. A 600rr will not be found for 5 grand for starters. A pro-x isn't a rider forward sled. Lastly, good for him for being excited about a new sled.

If I was looking in that price range, I'd be trying to find a 600 fusion or a rev.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought that the fushions were not very good or was that just a certain engine size? I was looking at a iq 600 rr, going to look at it tonight because if he does not sell it now i will pick it up cheap in the summer. http://appleton.craigslist.org/rvs/1616558148.html then here is another sled i already rid http://appleton.craigslist.org/rvs/1599500365.html its been on the market a while and here is a 03 sno pro http://appleton.craigslist.org/rvs/1604787229.html
Why would i be braging, i save up all this money by my self and i am 16 years old. I put in 30 hours a week to make this money i should have a right to at least be proud.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
zecow224 said:
I thought that the fushions were not very good or was that just a certain engine size? I was looking at a iq 600 rr, going to look at it tonight because if he does not sell it now i will pick it up cheap in the summer. http://appleton.craigslist.org/rvs/1616558148.html then here is another sled i already rid http://appleton.craigslist.org/rvs/1599500365.html its been on the market a while and here is a 03 sno pro http://appleton.craigslist.org/rvs/1604787229.html
Why would i be braging, i save up all this money by my self and i am 16 years old. I put in 30 hours a week to make this money i should have a right to at least be proud.
The 600 fusion is a great machine. The 700's and 900's had their issues.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok is there any other ski-doos cause i like the way they look but i also like the performance of the iqrs

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Here's my $0.02

If you're an amateur ditch banger(aka not a pro snoX racer) I would stay away from the rev chassis(personal opinion here) because I'd be afraid of making a mistake, landing wrong, and bending the nun. So I'd look for an 08+ snopro 600 or an 08+ IQr 600. I know I can beat the piss out of my 07 IQr and not have to worry about breaking anything.

Sledneck is right, you're probably not going to find an RR for under 5k, but you will be able to find a good 08 IQr 600(factory) or a converted IQr (07 or <)600 for under 5k.
As always, I wouldn't listen to "sledcrusher", why settle for a trail sled and eventually wish you had a stronger sled when you can get a race sled and not have to ever worry about breaking it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i did not think you would agree with him and i think i am going to look into the 600 rr and how many horses are they pushing out? are they ok on the trail.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
First off, you know there's a difference between the RR and the 600R right?

the 08 600RR uses the consumer 600ho(~120hp) and the 08+ 600R race sleds(~135hp) use a different long stroke engine.

The RR's are "race ready" but are a little more trail friendly as the shocks are valved softer and they have oil injection. The 600R's have race shock valving and are not oil injected.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I under stand. I think that i would get the rr because of the oil injection but the r would not bother me. Other than the motor how does the chassie and skid handle on the trail, how about in 2 feet of powder.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
zecow224 said:
I under stand. I think that i would get the rr because of the oil injection but the r would not bother me. Other than the motor how does the chassie and skid handle on the trail, how about in 2 feet of powder.
then be prepared to add a couple g's to your budget. Not only is a TRUE rr spendy, but also hard to find.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
RR means race replica. its the race chassis with a trail converted motor. its pritty much a race sled thats trail converted from the factory.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, well i have 2 grand right now and a 05 polaris edge trail touring aniversary sled with 400 miles on it so i plan on either trading or selling the touring sled and with that money purchasing a dif sled and i have 2 grand to go with it to.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
If I was you I would be picking one of these up in a 600 HO you will never be happier with the money you spent on it. A lot cheaper then an RR and a lot more of them around.

2009121791753432_14053.jpg

Mine has a few aftermarket things and is the 700, but it does everything in the ditch that most young guys like yourself would want and it works on the trail just as well, and still has great top end for the lake or logging roads.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK are there any ski-doos that i should look at? i went for a ride on a rr last night and wow it was nice.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.