Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I just got my first sled and im not to sure of what year it is its either a 84 Polaris Indy 600 or its a 86 Polaris Indy 600 I found a date of manufacture and it was in 84 but the pics ive found of older sleds it looks like a 86 model is there any way to tell what it is so i can make sure that i get the correct parts

Oh one other thing that might help is it has a squar little spot on the hood that says Polaris 30 years its like a little plaque

·
Registered
777 Posts
first off i would go by the serial # by your right foot on the tunnel,odds are the tunnel was never changed.go to ,, polaris.com to see what its supposed to look like.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to there web site and no luck looks like they dont keep a online database of there past sleds

·
Registered
777 Posts
http://www.polarisman.com/channels/content/DisplayModel.cfm?ModelID=84SNOINDY600&Year=1984
it,s there under snowmobiles

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh you meant to go to polaris man web sight thats what got me confused it looks like the 86 but the mfg date is 7/01/1984 do they realy make them that much in advance?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Didn't you get a registration card with the sled?

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes.gif

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i have an 83 polaris indy 600 and it looks like an 87 and not a 83

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Usually the year of the sled, is 1 year after the MFG date

I have a 1998 XCR 440 SP (guy still hasn't paid me for it) date of MFG is in 1997

I'm getting a 2003 Pro X 600, date of MFG on it will be october 2002

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sounds like an '85. My '85 Polaris Indy 400 had this 30 year plaque on it until it fell off. I need to put it back on, any suggestions on what to use?

/snofan/../images/users/KHE/Dcp_0915.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts