Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the guy that i got this polaris Indy xcr 600 from said it is a 1996 but when i read the MFD Date on the right side of the sled down by the seat it says 1201995. plus he said that this year sled had an oil problem as in it didnt get enough to the engine misture and there was a fix out for that can anybody tell me is this a true statment . Thanks for you help

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
The date on the side is the date it was manufactured, for example my '94 was manufactured in Aug. of '93. It is quite possible it is a '96, although it does seem kind early for an '96 release.

It wasn't that they didn't get enough oil mixture, the oil galleries in the cranks weren't there or something along the lines. So the bearings would go out.

An easy/cheap fix was to drill a hole in the crank if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The PTO Side bearing didnt get enough oil and therefore burned. Here's a great link that tells all about this problem.

http://www.geocities.com/schmidt92/polaris_faq.html

Good Luck and happy riding!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Those were a pretty popular sled back then. Polaris problably starting building them early to meet demand. sno-check, racers.. etc.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
from what ive learned jan thru june was the model year (so say it was jan 20th 2000 its a 2000) but july thru dec was the next model year (7-1-00 was a 2001 model year sled) i could be wrong but thats the way its been explained to me

·
Registered
548 Posts
just like blackcat said my sld also said the manufacturing date was in 03 but its an 04

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thaks for the info i was just wandering because if i went to get parts or something i wasnt sure if there was much diff between a 95/96 maybe theres a way with the stock physical looks i can tell like the shocks or something . by the way this site is excl. Thanks

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Does it look like this minus the xcr sticker on the sheild.
[attachment=38410]

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts