Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a free air 440 EC44P and I need new bearings, gaskets and pistons. My question is what year gaskets, bearings, and pistons would be good to use for this motor? I have no clue what sled it originally came from, it was on a colt but I know they never made a motor that big for it, so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
skidoo600racer said:
Thats like asking a doctor on the Internet to take a look at your thumb be uase it hurts. We cant really help unless we have some pictures.
I only have pictures of the block and the pull start, and it has points not cdi if that helps any.

·
Registered
784 Posts
You can't really read the vin. Number on the side but I'd say it's from early seventies or mid seventies.
I'll list a few it could be:
Any year of the electra fourfourty
73 charger?
79 cobra?
the TX models

EDIT: the problem is that your motor is a 436 an all of polaris's motors were like 433s or 432s so I don't think the TX models would fit the description. Take it to a vintage shop or wait till a vintage guru gets on here he'll tell you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skidoo600racer said:
You can't really read the vin. Number on the side but I'd say it's from early seventies or mid seventies.
I'll list a few it could be:
Any year of the electra fourfourty
73 charger?
79 cobra?
the TX models

EDIT: the problem is that your motor is a 436 an all of polaris's motors were like 433s or 432s so I don't think the TX models would fit the description. Take it to a vintage shop or wait till a vintage guru gets on here he'll tell you.
The motor number is 5753 if that helps any.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
74txman said:
What you have is a 1970 charger engine 436cc, in 71 it became 432cc.
Is there anywhere I could go to get parts for it? Is anything interchangeable between this 440 and other 440 motors?

·
Registered
8 Posts
drummer said:
74txman said:
What you have is a 1970 charger engine 436cc, in 71 it became 432cc.
Is there anywhere I could go to get parts for it? Is anything interchangeable between this 440 and other 440 motors?
Sorry,I d`ont know were you could get parts for this engine and what else would interchange with other engines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts