Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Want to put another clutch kit on my 99 ZR600 this year. Had a Black Magic one on last year but threw a weight right through the belly pan and broke the spring. Put it back to stock just to get through the winter, but miss that top end speed I had with the clutch kit. Don''t know a whole lot about them so I was hoping someone might have an opinion on a good one to get. Also if you have any idea of cost and a good place to purchase that would be much appreciated. Thanks so much for your time.

Chad

·
Registered
142 Posts
BM supposed to be good. I've used D&D with good results.
Expect to pay $189 for their kit.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
what BM kit did you have? i have a BM heart throb kit on my 95 zr and it is awseome it has a can with a stock pipe and it is just an awsome combo.im looking to possibly twin pipe it this year tho we will see what happens

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've actually seen on other forums, Arctic Cat in particularly, that the overwhelming majority of the AC guys hate the Black Majic kits. Most of the AC guys recommend Goodwyn. Did you have the recall done on your '99 clutch? AC had a safety recall on almost all of their '99 sleds due to a bad alloy in the clutch of some sort. If you have a willing dealer, he should be able to run your VIN and tell you if it has been done or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Not sure what kind of BM kit was on there becasue I bought it last year with it on. Have heard good things about the Heart Throb kit so maybe will try that. As far at the Goodwyn I did not even find one to put on my sled from their website. I know they deal alot with pull your asses but not sure about my kitty. I did get my clutch checked for the recall and it was not covered. Well I am still up in the air for now. Thanks again for all the replies.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You should find an AC dealer that is willing to work with you. If this is a safety recall, it shouldn't matter when it was purchased or other wise. If you told them you had a clutch kit on it, then I could see why they might have told you that it isn't covered, however this is a drive clutch issue with most all '99 sleds, and looking at the list your 600 is on there as well. As for black majic, all I here it is referred to as "black tragic". However, there are those that do like their products.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts