Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to pick up an MX style helmet. Read a bunch of posts and decided on goggles, but no-one really said "get THIS helmet!". Looking in the $100-200 range.

Thanks,
Jonesy.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Find the one that fits your head and feels right.

I have tried HJC and Shift, and so far have loved my shift agent. My friend has a shift agent and hated it. He switched to a Thor ( Im pretty sure ) and loved it, but I hate it. So, go to a shop that sells them and find the one that you feel comfortable with. Make sure the goggles you get fit snug in the helmet. Air leaks will cause a nice line of frostbite.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i have a polaris mx helmet and it works great, also fits pretty great.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I just got a HJC AC-X3 on sale, love it. I also went with the yellow tinted lense and once you get used to them they are also great.
2010289821848_25783.jpg 2010289820598_25783.jpg

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I like botth of my polaris mx helmets. Make sure you get one that fits your goggles and seals well.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
One man's favorite helmet is another's nightmare. Fit is everything. Go to the store and try them all on and buy what feels best.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Check out G-max helmets. Like mine, and its one of the few I've seen that have a breath guard that works. And you can either have the mx style, or change out the visor and have a standard helmet with a clear shield

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well depending on what you're looking for, check out the One Industries Kombat or Kombat II helmets. They have some pretty sick helmets. Mine is a Kombat Monster Energy edition. I love it. But make sure you get good goggles with a good seal, and breath deflectors help if the goggles don't come with one. I'd reccomend Scott TX 89 I goggles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts