Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a used sled ('02 Yamaha Venture 600)with 180 miles on it. If the post-break-in check-up hasn't been done on it yet, what needs to be done to do it myself?[:)]

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Honestly (I may be wrong) I always thought the check was crap!! Just take a look everywhere and look for general things like screws and bolts missing or loose. Pull the plugs (probably too late now, but) and check their condition, this shows you the general condition of the engine and jetting. Chk the steering and lube it. Chk the gearbox (or chaindrive) oil. Make sure there's no metal flakes. Chk for fuel leaks at the carb and tank. Oil tank leaks... Coolant condition or leaks... Etc, etc. Just general overall stuff. Anyone agree?...disagree??

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree with ya Rotaxrage. I always seem to forget to bring mine back for post break in inspection. [:D] Don't forget track tension, and oil lines. The owners manual has a list of things to check and milage to check them at.

·
Registered
837 Posts
180 miles the thing has been broken it, i only take it easy for a 100 miles or less on mine, i just did the top end and i broke it in for about 20 miles then start going full for a little bit and at 100 i don't even worry about it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts