Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got home for thanksgiving break, and the 13 inches we had melted. But the weather was nice and cold so I figured pefect time to get some things gone. I finished putting my R.A.V.E valves back in after looking down them into my cylinders to check my skirts. Cleaned them up and installed new gaskets. Took and put some new slides on the rear skid. Still waiting for snow to do the rear track adjustment and tension. Ran down to the shop and did a compression test. 120 120 for each cylinder, not bad for 4,780 hard miles. Looks like all do a fresh top end next summer! Ran the motor a good 30 minutes to burn out all the fogging oil I used, 1st time I fogged a motor. Ive always been a fan of starting them everyone month.

Now the last thing before the snow hits, is to fix my stabalizer. Last winter I hit a small rock and it messed up some of the aluminum components. I got them all tig welded and just have to re-drill some holes. Then decide wheather or not to just ride with out the stabalizer or put it all back together. Nothing like some last minute adjustments

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Well I need to put a whole new topend in and find out what blew it up before. And figure something out with the efi and pipe.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Need to rebuild the drive clutch on the ElTigger, and My brother VRK284 need's to pick up his re covered seat for his Indy 500.
Da Prowla's been ready for the last 2 month's[:D]
Now We just need SNOW!
Rick

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Need to put a fuel pump in my sled. And I'm praying the bottom end at 10,000 miles didn't finally crack. I need to get my 4-wheeler fixed. Need to finish building our 2-story garage. I need to get my tekvest chest protector and stickers for my sled. I may need to get a new sled :( ... I have to weld my tunnel. And yea, I got about a week!

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
the suspension for the '86 Trail is at the dealer to have some seized things removed. after that, it gets a fresh set of Fox Shox, newer springs, and put back together.
I'm actually looking foreward to giving this one the "shakedown ride" this year.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I am trying to sell the sled I have now, and hoping to buy a 03 rev. This warm weather doesn't help the selling end of things. We need some snow so people get the itch and start looking for newer sled

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I did a few things this fall. I installed a temp gauge, changed my gear ratio to suit my riding style, removed the factory decals and ordered a kit to install, just need some help. I realized putting decals on the hood is harder than I thouhgt. Other than that I'm ready for the snow.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
All I have to do is put my exhaust deflectors on my Indy 500 SKS and XLT SKS.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Im ready!!! Finished up everything on my sno pro the day after grass drag season ended!!! Now im building a new firecat full on drag sled, chassis is alost done just lookin for a motor for it! And i just bought back my old 99 Skidoo formula z 583 from my bro and it keeps fouling one plug about every 40 miles or so if we stop alot, so i have to check that out. Any ideas on what it might be anybody??

·
Registered
168 Posts
Im ready to go right now if it comes. But I need new carbides and looking into a 136" kit. I trail ride but will be doing a lot of off trailing so it'll be worth it. Otherwise, let it snow, let it snow, let-it-snow!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Well i gotta finish up the polishing on the tunnel, bolt the seat back down, and then take off the carbs and clean them and rejet them a little bit leaner (i know be careful with the jetting), and thats about it.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I'm just doing lots of homework...and waiting for the snow. Actually I have to re-jet and change my gearing..still in grass drag mode

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
homework builing some jumps in the yard. were getting the indy 500 back in a week i have to patch the seat. drain the oil + gas + anti-freeze and put new in. get all 5 of the sleds in our garage. get the fourwheeler in the garage. put flags on the rocks on this little trail that is near our house which leads to soem pretty big fields where its always fun to do some carving. and i get to clean the old indy 500. it really needs it. the 500 also needs a new rope.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I still have to swap over my new/used hood, nose cone, seat, and skis onto my sled. I also have to remove the old track and put on the new one. Then buy a windshield and some new carbides. I should be set then.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I have to buy an ignitioin switch at some point, right now it's just by passed so it's not a "need to do" thing. If I could find the hood straps I bought I need to install those, so I don't have to use bungee cords on the front of the hood anymore. Also not a "need to do" thing.

Christmas break will be my time to work on the sled, only time I will be home to really work on it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
EVERYTHING!! Im soooo behind, its coming this week!! I took everything home so I could work on it all this week and finish it up. I still have not finished, but it is good enough for this season.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would like to get my skid-plate on before it snows. But, when it snows, I'll go out and ride anyways.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Finish porting the track, install temp gauge, front-end bushing kit, add pre-filter sock over air box, drill side pannels and put in pre-filter under for better air flow, install another vent on the opposite side of the temp guage, put on risers, handguards, hood, windshield, re-jet and clutch to flat-lander standards, and fill up the gas tank.

If I have enough time I will revalve the shocks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts