Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i have been hard on the new machines but i have watched the 800 class in 1995 go from 130hp to 155hp in 2000 then in 2001 back to the 130's. sled went from the 95xlt sp it had a nice long seat lots of suspension. a person could easily put a couple hundred miles a day. now every year the seats get shorter the sleds get more specialized. slo cross is great place for research for the factorys but selling the mental aspect is going to be dangerous. look at the rev and f5-7, prox if you are tall or heavy you dont fit and the factorys dont give you an option for taller or longer seats. we are at a battle for the right of our trails but the factory is saying here buy a race sled and beat your buddys on the trail. i ride fast. i ride the trails fast but if it says no sledding or stay on trail i do that. with the sleds more specialized what about the people who want a sled that can do a little of every thing. are we going to see mountain sleds so light that they will bend and break on a good trail ride. or trail performance so concered about wieght and mass centering that only certain people can fit and the cost for exotic materials makes them expensive. they say the rev is not a high mile machine. why by a sled that you cant put a couple hundred miles or a lot of hours in the saddle at one time for. to look like a racer? big deal.
what really pisses me off is when you see these 14-18 year old kids that got zr or mxzx or xcrs and think they are joe racer but forgett they are on a trail. a little punk on a zr and full artic race wanaby gear hit my buddy head on luckily we were stopping he said he had no brakes. in two harbors we ran into three new edge racers(couple years back) they had there little number tags and said they were testing there new race sleds acting all cool. jerks. when ever it said stay on trail they drove off on purpose.
now we have bad image in the news sleds that dont fit factorys that dont care and the bunny phuckers are trying to close off our trail systembecause they dont like them , not because they have any facts. plus the bar hopping has got to stop. i am so sick of stopping for supper on the trail at night and seeing a pile of sledders half drunk by 8pm and then go trail race home.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree with ya on the deal with the bar hopping trail racers. Like I have posted before that is the main reason I don't like to ride the trails on the weekend. As far as what sleds are available for sale, I like the fact that they are offering more race style sleds. I ride a lot of ditch, so that style of sled fits me well. There has been many days when I have put on 150 miles or so of ditch riding on my race style sled. I wish you luck in finding a sled that fits your needs.

I think its Snowing!!
1999 Polaris XCR 440

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
things just make me worry sometimes. there seems like less and less entry and luxury sleds even trail crusers with comfort in mind. between idiots and the epa you wonder if your favorite trails will be open next winter. as far as my perfect sled goes this winter i will start making it. with aluminum parts a carbon fiber hood and boss seat the wieght will be about the same as an 800 twin but fit for me and a lot more power and milage.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by madcow:
what really pisses me off is when you see these 14-18 year old kids that got zr or mxzx or xcrs and think they are joe racer but forgett they are on a trail. a little punk on a zr and full artic race wanaby gear hit my buddy head on luckily we were stopping he said he had no brakes. in two harbors we ran into three new edge racers(couple years back) they had there little number tags and said they were testing there new race sleds acting all cool. jerks. when ever it said stay on trail they drove off on purpose.

[/quote]

A while back I read or saw a tv show where there were people doing this and driving right up next to people then as soon as they would look they would take off. Well one guy they did this too reached out and smacked a guy upside the head and they quit doing that.

It's not how fast you go, but how much fun you are having.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by bigwilly:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by madcow:

[/quote]

A while back I read or saw a tv show where there were people doing this and driving right up next to people then as soon as they would look they would take off. Well one guy they did this too reached out and smacked a guy upside the head and they quit doing that.

It's not how fast you go, but how much fun you are having.

[/quote]

It isn't me!
Not with my '91 377 fan! lol

GO HARD, OR GO HOME

·
Registered
48 Posts
Madcow, be sure to let us all know how your project turns out.

I think its Snowing!!
1999 Polaris XCR 440

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
its me i admit it im burning past all of you on my 80 txl 340
well with the lawsuit my wife and i are in right now i think a new pro x will be in my future

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
WOW bobinwi, You must scare the crap outta some people with that mean beast!

GO HARD, OR GO HOME

1 - 8 of 8 Posts