Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy emailed me this and since I haven't bought a sled in 10 years I'm a bit out of the loop on what is worth what so I figured I forward the email to the collective.

I imagaine the sled goes like hell and rides like a lumber wagon.

"I looked at a sled yesterday. unintentionally. I sold this old guy a boxer pup, and he has a 1993 artic cat thunder cat with 103 miles. I offered him $1000.00 he said he will sell it for $2000.00. Think that's a good deal? he has Alzheimer's. he forgot he bought it or something."

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
well NADA says the average value of that sled is $2,140 so around 2000 with only 103 miles would be a good deal in my opinion

·
Registered
646 Posts
are you sure it only has 103 miles?

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by ty769
[br]What cc is it?
900cc.

NADA is usually high, but $2000 with only 103 miles on it...I'd say that is about right.

As far as being a good deal, it depends. For the same money you can get a sled 5-8 years newer for the same price. However, for as little miles as it has, it has alot of life left in it.

*edit* - However, if it only has that many miles that means it was averaging about 7 miles per year (which is highy unlikely, more like he rode it 1 maybe 2 years and then parked it)...I would be a little worried about the condition of the cylinders and rings.

·
Registered
901 Posts
for the amount of miles on it, it sounds like a good deal

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I think you should go for it.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses, I will pass them onto my friend. If some of you read my post, this is not for me nor have I seen the sled.

·
Registered
359 Posts
103 Miles on a 1993....I'd be concerned about dry rot on some of the seals on that sled. If he forgot he bought it, i'm sure maintenance wasn't the first thing on his mind with it either. If that sled wasn't stored properly your buddy may have a lot of issues with hoses, gaskets, etc...

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Stay away. Unless he has maintenance records that sled will need a lot of work. New fuel lines, oil lines, cylinders, pistons, rings, crank seals, and track is probably starting to rot. Like catmandu said if he forgot he bought it then he didnt have it properly serviced. He probably only rode it for a couple weekends 14yrs ago.

If your friend is even slightly mechaniccly inclined then he could tell if these things will be issues. Maybe the speedo is disconnected and it has more than 100miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts